Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
North Idaho STEM Charter Academy is an above average, public, charter school located in Rathdrum, ID. It has 533 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
North Idaho STEM Charter Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-9 Students
- B6 Students
- B-6 Students
- B-5 Students
- B+5 Students
- B+5 Students
- A5 Students
- A-5 Students
- B4 Students
- A+4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like North Idaho STEM Charter Academy
- A-Canfield Middle School
- Coeur d'Alene School District, ID
- 2 reviews
- A-Greenacres Middle School
- Central Valley School District, WA
- BTimberlake Junior High School
- Lakeland School District, ID
- 14 reviews
- BContinuous Curriculum School
- East Valley School District, WA
North Idaho STEM Charter Academy Reviews
I think North Idaho STEM Charter Academy (NISCA) is an amazing school! They specialize in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. I currently want to major in some type of science when I get to college, which is why NISCA is extremely beneficial to me and my future. The teachers are very helpful and since it is a smaller school, there is more one-on-one time with the teachers for extra help.
I adore this school. Having come from many others, I can confidently say this is the best one yet. I've never had so many opportunities in my life. You'll read a lot of reviews that say STEM is too hard, or they expect too much. The students writing these reviews are usually the ones who leave, and that's because STEM is not a school for slackers. You will quickly learn to pick up the pace and really be prepared for college and real life. STEM offers incredible opportunities, including resources to find scholarships and even graduate with your Associate's from NIC before receiving your high school diploma. You only have to be willing to go out and get them. If academics aren't your thing and you don't want a school with teachers that expect the best, then don't come to STEM. If you want all of these things, opportunity, a close-knit community and a school that genuinely cares about every individual student's path to success- and are willing to do the work-, STEM is the school for you.
I love this school like no other. The amount of opportunities available here are absolutely incredible and you won’t find them anywhere else. While it is a STEM school, there is also emphasis on English, Reading, and Writing— they don’t get left out. History and Civics are also massive parts of the curriculum, and some of the hardest classes. We don’t have any sports teams, but we manage to keep plenty busy with the tons and tons of STEM activities available to us, including First Tech Challenge (FTC), which allows us to build and program real, working robots, and the Invention Convention, which has already had huge beneficial impact on my future. The teachers here are also amazing. I only wish we had more clubs— the only one is chess club, and ends at fifth grade. I can’t thank this school enough for the amount of incredible academic and career opportunities they’ve given me.