Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
North Huron School is a public school located in Kinde, MI. It has 367 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
North Huron School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B21 Students
- B16 Students
- A16 Students
- B15 Students
- B-6 Students
- B+6 Students
- B-6 Students
- B+6 Students
- B-5 Students
- B-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like North Huron School
- B-Laker High School
- Elkton-Pigeon-Bay Port Laker Schools, MI
- 34 reviews
- B-Caseville School K-12
- Caseville Public Schools, MI
- PK, K-12
- 8 reviews
- B-Ubly Community High School
- Ubly Community Schools, MI
- 51 reviews
- BBad Axe High School
- Bad Axe Public Schools, MI
- 76 reviews
North Huron School Reviews
It's a lot of fun to participate in sports at North Huron. Lots of students, alumni, parents, and other fans are always coming to games and meets and are always very supportive through cheering, donating, volunteering, etc. Our cheerleading teams have gone through a large transformation recently and have taken great strides towards improving the overall school spirit of the community. Our teams have been utilizing the sports equipment we have to the best of their abilities, but our facilities and equipment themselves are still in the process of being replaced and updated. Our weight room and gyms offer what student-athletes need in a functional, albeit small area. Our team's performance has been fairly good with last year's 8-man football team being State Semifinalists. Our other teams have been doing very well in addition, making great strides towards becoming even better.
The school has always been very vocal about their policies and them being against bullying, texting and driving, substance abuse, etc. Their actual actions, however, both proactive actions and reactive actions to these issues has left much to be desired. Students have no real motivation to not do these things as there are no preventive measures, and if they are caught, they know that the consequences wont bother them as much. A lot of students who have been caught with illegal substances have faced a minor few-day suspension (often out-of-school) which allows their parents to continue allowing these actions since they haven't taken many actions to prevent their child to be involved in these actions. This isn't due to lack of effort i believe however and is more an issue of lack of knowledge on what is effective as there is little a school can due as punishment other than suspensions.
The clubs we have include a lot of participation from students and staff. Our National Honor Society and Student Council are very busy throughout the year and are responsible for many of our school's events being successful. A lot of our events include a week-long dress up competition between classes with each day offering a new style such as Gender Bender, Underwater, or Twin themed days. We also end the year with a Slime Time event where a male and female senior are chosen to sit in a small pool while students can purchase various condiments, syrups, and sauces to pour onto them while the whole school watches. The downside to our school, however, is the lack of sudent-run clubs. The only real club options we have at North Huron currently are NHS, STUCO, and FFA. If more students were allowed to start their own clubs to be involved in activities that they enjoyed such as a drama or reading club, then North Huron would have a much better rating.