North High School is an above average, public school located in Oshkosh, WI. It has 1,270 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B121 Students
- A+103 Students
- B56 Students
- A-41 Students
- A-39 Students
- B36 Students
- A+32 Students
- B+29 Students
- A-24 Students
- B+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
North High School Reviews
My experience at North High school has taught me a lot things about myself. North offers a variety of classes within different interests, possible career ideas, and opportunities. Throughthese open doors, I learned what kind of a student I am or could be. Oshkosh North High School is a beautifully diverse environment.Everyone and anyone no matter our individual uniqueness are allowed to come to school feeling secure and reassured that we can find a place to belong. Of course we are still adolescents who are still maturing but a majority of the students improve and really show growth when looking at a teacher’s perspective. Each teacher has at least 100-200 students and sees about 500+ different faces. Each year is an adventure. The great memories of each year depends on the students impacton the school and the teachers support on the students. The teachers at OshkoshNorth each believe in something different with the same concept: to provide a betterfoundation for the students future.
My experience at North High school was good. Was involved in multiple athletics that were competitive. Building was clean and well kept when I was there. Staff and teachers were always friendly to you and many times would get to know you on a personal basis. They actually cared about being there and wanted you to successed in not only the classroom, but in the real world too.
Oshkosh North is an average Wisconsin high school that offers plenty of academic and athletic opportunities however the administration is lacking in involvement with the students and safety among students is not very good with frequent fights and constant bullying of easy to target students.