North High School is a highly rated, public school located in Edmond, OK. It has 2,595 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A615 Students
- A499 Students
- B463 Students
- A-160 Students
- C158 Students
- B+107 Students
- A97 Students
- B96 Students
- A+89 Students
- A64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
North High School Reviews
North is an all around great school! Most teachers are awesome and very easy to work with, the principal and counselors can really help you with anything you might need and are very flexible. Whether you are into sports, band, clubs, or just doing your thing, North will feel like a second home. Like any school some times things might feel overwhelming or there might be some communication issues between the district and the school, but usually every thing can get straightened out. I would like to see upgrades to the school and also, I would like to see a more active and aware faculty and staff. Besides from this, North is a great place and the people are the heart of it. I would definitely recommend anyone who can to come here.
Overall, North is a really clean and friendly school. They want the best out of all their students so they help them prepare for college. They have all the resources necessary for any question that comes their way. There are always ways to improve the school but they are headed in the right direction. Like adding a new Stem building to help students learn. They are also really into their sports. They always announce when a game is and who they are playing over the announcements. One thing they can improve on is getting the students and parents involved in school activities inside and outside school.
The teachers are super great and are always ready to help! We have a week where we raise money for kids and dress up and it's the best part of the year! We make snacks and the teachers aren't allowed to give any tests. They just added new key cards to make it safer and although it will, it will take longer for students to get in the building and get to class.