North High School is a top rated, public school located in Downers Grove, IL. It has 2,207 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+211 Students
- B+158 Students
- B+141 Students
- A-140 Students
- B-134 Students
- A-130 Students
- A+129 Students
- A126 Students
- A+91 Students
- A85 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like North High School
- ASouth High School
- Community High School District No. 99, IL
- 378 reviews
- A+Lyons Township High School
- Public School
- La Grange, IL
- 636 reviews
- A+York Community High School
- Elmhurst School District No. 205, IL
- 493 reviews
- A+Wheaton Warrenville South High School
- Community Unit School District No. 200, IL
- 485 reviews
North High School Reviews
As a parent of two students (one graduated in 18, the other 2020, I am so glad that we moved into the DGN territory. They totally excelled not only mentally but also emotionally and physically. We moved from a very small town south of I80 where the schools are emotionally damaging and fall way below standards on the intelligence scale. That is why we moved. My kids have met and excelled here at DGN. We are so glad we moved. I now have a Sophomore in college achieving a 4.0 and a Senior with over a 4.0 GPA. That wouldn't have happened if we stayed in the south of I80 school where they push football and nothing else. Thanks DGN you keep doing a great job!
I am very happy with North High School. I have had very thoughtful nuturing teachers that I have learned a lot from. I am involved in the Sports Program and had a great experience with that. The school offers many different activities of all interests so all can be involved in something. They only thing that I would change, would be a way to have parents involve themselves more to help with activities or athletics to set the teams apart from other schools. For example, team activities, tailgates, team moms, improved senior recognition days. It just takes a little organization from the teacher and coaches with the parents.
I had a great school year! The teachers were super helpful and my peers were kind! I was in sports and had a great experience with my football, baseball, and bowling team. We were more like a family. They always showed poise and great character. North High School cares about your education and makes your a priority. If I had to go all over again, I would definitely go back to North!