Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
North High School is a public school located in Bakersfield, CA. It has 1,829 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-213 Students
- C-167 Students
- A+97 Students
- B94 Students
- A92 Students
- A87 Students
- A+78 Students
- A-74 Students
- A+70 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
North High School Reviews
The teachers that I have had are caring and well educated, the staff of the whole is actually quite caring. Though clubs aren't really a thing because it is hard to raise money to do anything but are sports are good. The music and choir program is spectacular, one of the choirs went to New York City to sing in the Carnegie Hall. There is problem though of many of the students smoking or vaping, but I was never really in any classes with people who smoke. The teachers would always do something but the students still smoke.
I graduated from north high school last year and I loved the school. I made so many amazing friends and I loved the teachers, a great place!
A good school overall but could be better. Caring teachers and decent acting students minus the normal behavior to be expected. Academics seemed easy-going, perhaps a bit too much, you didn't really have to try hard to get a decent grade. College Readiness felt poor. There's not really much else to say about the school. it's otherwise in essence like any other school, but I enjoyed my time going there.