North Forrest High School is a public school located in Hattiesburg, MS. It has 352 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
North Forrest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+72 Students
- A-49 Students
- A-48 Students
- B-45 Students
- C+42 Students
- B+29 Students
- B-25 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-17 Students
- C+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like North Forrest High School
- BSouth Jones High School
- Jones County School District, MS
- 66 reviews
- B-Seminary High School
- Covington County Schools, MS
- 35 reviews
- CHattiesburg High School
- Hattiesburg Public School District, MS
- 144 reviews
- BSumrall High School
- Lamar County School District, MS
- 62 reviews
North Forrest High School Reviews
I love going to north Forrest high school. I’ve been at NFHS for 12 years and I wouldn’t change a thing. The staff is amazing & so is the students. NFHS is a diverse school & all the kids get along. Because of it being such a small school you will know everyone. It’s like a little town at north Forrest. My favorite thing about NFHS is that they have the most dual credit classes to offer in Hattiesburg! You can get up to 30 hours of college classes while your still in high school.
I would like to see the parents be more involved with their children's education for one. Two, I would like to see the athletics be more taken seriously. The children in sports are not set up for success and have to get into college sports on their own because the school does not seem to care about their preparation for the next level. The facilities could be updated like the gym, the school itself, and that the food be changed because most kids refused to eat the food; or only ate it because they did not have no other choice.
I have been attending North Forrest since I was a little kid. In my opinion I think North Forrest is a great school with plenty of opportunities. Last year they had millions of dollar come from scholarship money and lots of kid got to go to junior college for free. The education is great also because right now I am take 4 college classes that could place me as a sophomore in college my first year. North Forrest has changed a lot of the year and I feels as if nothing else should change about it