North East High School is an above average, public school located in North East, PA. It has 501 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
North East High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B61 Students
- A+51 Students
- B+38 Students
- B-34 Students
- B30 Students
- A28 Students
- C+27 Students
- NG23 Students
- B-18 Students
- A17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like North East High School
- BHarbor Creek Senior High School
- Harbor Creek School District, PA
- 150 reviews
- B-Sherman High School
- Sherman Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- A+Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy
- Erie City School District, PA
- 335 reviews
- BWestfield High School
- Westfield Central School District, NY
- 14 reviews
North East High School Reviews
It's a very difficult and horrible school albeit adverse you constantly get bullied and harassed by other students if you're not sociable. The curriculum is pretty bad and the teachers/staff don't put much effort to help their students. Suspensions are at an all time high for minimal reasons. There are many more things I can complain about my first two years at this school but it's just not worth it. I do not recommend this school. Ok this school is horrible the staff is very rude and the teachers a always delayed on their grades .You can get suspended for simply holding your jacket! My friend who is Muslim was asked where is her uniform shirt. My other friend had a head wrap on and was told that she wasn't allowed to come into the room unless it was taken off .This school does not really help u grow the school had mice running in the lunchroom it's just horrible .Oh and the lunch ladies are very good if u speak up about something they won't feed u at all !
School events in North East have a mind blowing ambiance of high spirits, especially for as small of a community we live in. One part about attending this school that will always be a fond memory of mine is going to sporting events and watching as the team's parents cheer not only their own children, but the entire team. Regardless of how far away the event is, there is NEVER not a mass of parents and students supporting the North East Grape Pickers. Our gym and football stadium both have their own sets of bleachers dedicated to the student "bleacher bum" section, where we dress head to toe in all of the maroon and gold we've collected while supporting our school through the years, and we shout our dozens of school chants and songs that even the parents know every word to. Our nationally ranked marching band follows some of our teams around to events, cheering, laughing, singing, dancing and having the time of their lives. Basketball games, football games, swim meets, chorus concerts, dance symposiums, musicals, science olympics, you name it - there will always be one giant picker-family uniting to support our school. "Who are we? North East! What are we? Gold! What do we do? Win!"
The teachers at North East High School treat students as young adults, and we receive the respect that I believe we deserve. They spill their passions to us and they are willing to go out of their way to be there for students both academically and personally. In fact, our school recently won an award for being a National Blue Ribbon School. We have a small school in the heart of "grape-country" Pennsylvania, and it gives us the opportunity to develop close relationships with our teachers and administrators. We are maroon and gold and we win!