North County Senior High School
- BONNE TERRE, MO
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
North County Senior High School is a public school located in BONNE TERRE, MO. It has 911 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
North County Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C149 Students
- grade B minus91 Students
- grade B82 Students
- grade A minus72 Students
- grade B56 Students
- grade A50 Students
- grade B+44 Students
- grade A minus37 Students
- grade C+31 Students
- grade B+30 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near North County Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responses
- Spirit Week13%
- Academic Team Meets6%
- FCCLA Events6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,815 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like North County Senior High School
- grade B minusDe Soto Senior High School
- DeSoto School District, MO
- Rating 3.22 out of 5 69 reviews
- grade BPotosi High School
- Potosi R-III School District, MO
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 46 reviews
- grade BCentral High School
- Central R-III School District, MO
- Rating 4.28 out of 5 36 reviews
- grade B+Farmington Senior High School
- Farmington R-VII School District, MO
- Rating 3.85 out of 5 142 reviews
North County Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.31 out of 5 94 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I've attended North County my whole life and have had an amazing experience there. I started committing myself to my education around fourth grade when I understood how important my grades are. School started getting challenging when I reached high school when students had varieties of options or paths for them to choose for their career when they graduate. I would rate my school 5 stars but I believe all schools always have some flaws in them. For mine, talking to multiple students from different grades complain about our student services (counseling). They believe our counseling make bad judgment calls and never stay on top of students when they need their help. I haven't had any issues with them but I can agree with how they can be lenient when punishing kids, even when their actions were severe. I will end on a high note saying that I believe our school is one of the best represented in our district when I comes to education and I hope to see more effort from our counseling staff.
This school has fantastic sports, music arts, after school, and college prep programs. They do a wonderful job of helping every student succeed and everybody knows everybody. It is like family at North County Senior High. The staff is exceptional and the students are encouraging. I believe that the school could support the arts a little more than it does currently and the counselors and advisors could use their time to be more personalized with their students, but overall, it is an amazing school to attend.
North County Senior High school is a great school. I like this school because I have had fun all four years of being there. Almost every teacher cares about every student and wants to help them as much as possible. I've connected with most of the teachers there on a personal level. I have always been in a band class, and the band director at North County is by far outstanding. He has his ways he does things and they work. Like teaching us better way to save our money and making good decisions with our life. He doesn't just teach my band class, he is someone I can trust if needed. The kids can joke around with him all day but we know when it's time to me serious.