Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
North Country Union High School is a public school located in Newport, VT. It has 680 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
North Country Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-70 Students
- B-35 Students
- B-33 Students
- B-25 Students
- C24 Students
- B22 Students
- C+20 Students
- B+18 Students
- B16 Students
- B-14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
North Country Union High School Reviews
Teachers are available for much one on one help. However at times there is teachers who are not so helpful and can be rude but nothing is done because we cannot replace the teachers. Many classes offered to students based on interest, and is a academically rich school. Safety is good with monitored entrances and our SRO officer as well as other law enforcement. Good staff and administration know every student by name. Decent food is served for students and staff with many different options or places in the school to buy food available. Pretty good sports ranking (Golf went to State finals I believe and won) except football, they play well but don't win often. However there is very little diversity. IF any at all, very very very little.
I enjoyed the sports at this school, especially the softball program and soccer program. The arts at this school were also very good along with the science department teachers.
I love my friends at North Country and most of my teachers. However there are a few teachers who take forever to put grades into Powerschool and we do the same thing in math everyday. Also, in english we don't do very much grammar or vocabulary. We watch an excessive amount of movies. Even though those teachers are really bad, my band teacher is really my backbone at the school. He is kind, helpful, and he makes school enjoyable.