North Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Spokane, WA. It has 1,492 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
North Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-202 Students
- A161 Students
- A+129 Students
- B+122 Students
- C-91 Students
- A-79 Students
- A-59 Students
- C48 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 69 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.29 responses
North Central High School Reviews
This is my 3rd year at North Central High School, and I can already tell you it has already been a tremendous. Though I am a junior I am sad to leave this great school. Thinking about moving on to a huge & expensive thing we call "College" makes me a little nervous. My high school is not only amazing in academics, but filled with spirit! I’ve learned so much about myself and so much about life. I learned what the words family, love, betrayal, law and life meant. All these events changed me, and I’m glad they happened because I wouldn’t have learned all these lessons. My personality hasn’t changed; I’m still a carefree girl, just with a little more wisdom and a lot more strength.
Great science program! Really good teachers. Lots of clubs, sports and drama productions that anyone can join or be involved in. Our science program was built with a 40 million dollar grant, that our teacher got. He designed the whole science department to be state-of-the-art. Students are doing research and writing scientific papers that are being published in scientific journals.
North Central High School was a very dishonest school to have attended! There administration changed all the time and so did their rules. Freshmen year we were all informed that if you get a 4.0 all four years, you get to speak to the graduation ceremony. So I strived to receive good grades and succeeded. But since they changed the administration so many times, senior year, last semester they robbed me of my speach!