Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
North Central High School is a public school located in Kershaw, SC. It has 458 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
North Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A93 Students
- A59 Students
- B+59 Students
- B57 Students
- B51 Students
- B-45 Students
- C36 Students
- C+33 Students
- B-28 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
North Central High School Reviews
What I like about my high school North Central, is that we are like a family. I use to attend Camden middle school, and in the middle of my ninth-grade year, I was moved to North Central. I never thought I would love and care for North Central as I do now. If someone would have told me that North Central would be a part of me, I wouldn't believe it. North Central has changed me inside and out. It has made me a hard-working woman, strong-minded, and a leader. When North Central High school was destroyed by a EF-2 tornado, we were devastated, but we stick together. We got through the unbearable by being there for each other. U-KNIGHTED WE STAND! One thing I would change about North Central is the sports departments being more active with each other. Other than that, North Central is a magnificent place. GO KNIGHTS!!
I love North Central High School. Everything that happen at North Central is great. The amount of love in the school makes it feel like home. Even if you do not like school, North Central will teach you to love it. Everyone at North Central cares about your well being and we get through anything, including the tornado that destroyed our school in January. North Central High School really is a special place.
I liked the personal relationships and how easy it was to make relationships with students and staff. It's a very small school with about 500 students, so everyone knows pretty much everybody in the community and school. A problem with going to a small school in the country is that it's very sport-oriented. The Arts and JROTC programs never get any financial aid from the school. Everything is based around football or volleyball. I would like to see the drama, band, and JROTC programs more involved and welcomed by the staff and students.