North Central High School is a highly rated, public school located in Indianapolis, IN. It has 3,765 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
North Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A923 Students
- B+699 Students
- A+509 Students
- B-360 Students
- A-356 Students
- B248 Students
- B207 Students
- A195 Students
- C+156 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.74 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.74 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 299 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.109 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.109 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.118 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.118 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.118 responses
Schools like North Central High School
- B+Pike High School
- Metropolitan School District of Pike Township, IN
- 905 reviews
- A+Fishers High School
- Hamilton Southeastern School District, IN
- 652 reviews
- A-Speedway Senior High School
- School Town of Speedway, IN
- 74 reviews
- BSouthport High School
- Metropolitan School District of Perry Township, IN
- 304 reviews
North Central High School Reviews
What I enjoy most about North Central, is the amount of resources there are to take advantage of such as the Information Center and the Learning Center. You can go in to the Information Center after school or during your study hall to access computers, textbooks, and printers. The Learning Center provides tutors and homework help during and after school! It is extremely useful and every student should take the time to take advantage of it. One thing I would change about North Central is to have more school events taking place throughout the year such as spirit week or school dances. Having those types of events is something to have the students look forward to when they come to school.
I really enjoyed the experience I had at North Central! I was given many opportunities by hundreds of clubs to join, plenty of sports teams to join including(freshman team, JV, and varsity), and finally very high academic classes (including many AP courses). On the other hand, there are a few aspects of the school such as old utilities and out of date resources which diminished my experience a little.
North Central High School provides a good high school experience. Throughout the years, I have made countless friends, participated in school events, and learned a lot through their AP and honors courses. Honestly, the people make up the school. The administration has been undergoing change and getting a little better but still some things need to be fixed. The science department regarding teachers could be changed as many do not know how to teach for understanding rather than just the grade. Others just talk about the subject while students are either lost, confused, or bored on their phones. Most of the rest of the departments have great teachers who actually care for the students well being. I feel they should make personal finance a required class as I learned a lot of information that will be used for the rest of my life. The school activities that students host ( senior assassin, tailgate, etc) are very fun and organized.