Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
North Caroline High School is an above average, public school located in Ridgely, MD. It has 1,121 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 86% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
North Caroline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+136 Students
- A134 Students
- B+130 Students
- B+104 Students
- A59 Students
- B-53 Students
- B+48 Students
- C+44 Students
- NG44 Students
- B39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like North Caroline High School
- BColonel Richardson High School
- Caroline County Public Schools, MD
- 65 reviews
- BQueen Anne's County High School
- Queen Anne's County Public Schools, MD
- 206 reviews
- B-Lake Forest High School
- Lake Forest School District, DE
- 96 reviews
- BEaston High School
- Talbot County Public Schools, MD
- 205 reviews
North Caroline High School Reviews
North Caroline is your stereotypical little hometown high school — bulldog logo included! The staff are friendly (for the most part), the food is great (sometimes), and the classes are challenging and engaging (nothing to make fun of here!)
North Caroline is an average school. They have really good sports programs, but kind of sucky arts programs making it even out to an average school. They are really good at preparing students for tests like the Parcc and SAT's, but I personally feel like I forget everything after those tests because that's why we were learning. Most of the classes seem kind of pointless after what ever big test they are preparing for.
North Caroline high school is like one big family. All the staff and students know and love each other. They help us with what we need and make sure we are up to date with everything. Also, the teaching is excellent. You can stay after and get extra help, but there also many other ways to get help, which ever one works for you!For me, my experience has been the best i could ever imagine. I'm so thankful to have so many people surround by me to help and guide me though hardships.