Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
North Branch High School is a public school located in North Branch, MI. It has 727 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
North Branch High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B111 Students
- A106 Students
- B102 Students
- B76 Students
- C71 Students
- A+71 Students
- B67 Students
- B-62 Students
- B+58 Students
- B+54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Schools like North Branch High School
- NGQuest High School
- North Branch Area Schools, MI
- 1 review
- BLapeer High School
- Lapeer Community Schools, MI
- 197 reviews
- C+Marlette Junior/Senior High School
- Marlette Community Schools, MI
- 55 reviews
- C+Millington High School
- Millington Community Schools, MI
- 60 reviews
North Branch High School Reviews
The school does so much to benefit the students and insure they are prepared for their lives after high school. The councilors spend countless hours working with the high school students. The only downside is how they clearly overlook the arts programs such as the drama club, they are far more focused on the football and weightlifters. The only other music or performing extracurricular you can join is band. Though our band is excellent, we don't have any option for people who would like to sing or participate in vocals, other than a musical once a year. I feel if the school gave more opportunities for artistic and musically inclined students, it would be a much more open environment.
Very nice, pleasant home-town atmosphere. Has some of the most intelligent, thoughtful, and understanding staff and administration I have had the pleasure of meeting. The school is located in a nice area surrounding the small village of North Branch. The school also has an abundance of sports teams like football, basketball, baseball, volleyball, and soccer. For the more artistic of us there are the drama club, art club, Quiz Bowl, among others.
Teachers are great! Football program suck along with baseball, coaches are not very good or fair. The classes are diverse and like switching out different teachers in every quarter. So many opportunities to be involved in the school, :school plays, marching band; spanish club; you name they have it.