North Branch High School is a public school located in NORTH BRANCH, MI. It has 745 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
North Branch High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B90 Students
- A76 Students
- B75 Students
- B58 Students
- B-58 Students
- A+52 Students
- C50 Students
- B44 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like North Branch High School
- NGQuest High School
- North Branch Area Schools, MI
- 1 review
- B-Lapeer High School
- Lapeer Community Schools, MI
- 171 reviews
- C+Marlette Junior/Senior High School
- Marlette Community Schools, MI
- 51 reviews
- C+Millington High School
- Millington Community Schools, MI
- 57 reviews
North Branch High School Reviews
Teachers are great! Football program suck along with baseball, coaches are not very good or fair. The classes are diverse and like switching out different teachers in every quarter. So many opportunities to be involved in the school, :school plays, marching band; spanish club; you name they have it.
The extracurricular activities are very fun at North Branch High School! They offer Band, Drama, Art Clubs, Environmental Science, National Honors Society, and Student Council. These clubs should maintain full attendance to each club/organization. The most popular club we have here is Student Council. Last school year, we have made homecoming/snowcoming, collegiant breakfasts for the alumni, and installed water bottle fountains to recycle over 200.000 plastic bottles of water a year.
I really liked that the staff was trying to do as much as they could to get all of their students to succeed. This high school also was very good at adapting to change, they wanted to try new programs to see what worked for students and what wasn't a big success. They were always looking into the futures of their students. A big problem I had with North Branch was their very large favoritism over some sports. I understand that some sports need more recognition than others because that sport is more successful than others but some sports need at least some support. Another thing that I need to say about North Branch High School is that I love most of the staff and they have had a huge impact on my life. They have made me want to pursue my future as successfully as I possibly can.