grade C minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade D+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
North Bergen High School is a public school located in N Bergen, NJ. It has 2,376 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 7% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
North Bergen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B452 Students
- grade A377 Students
- grade A minus212 Students
- grade C+196 Students
- grade B+186 Students
- grade B minus185 Students
- grade A+183 Students
- grade B+180 Students
- grade C154 Students
- grade B140 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade D minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 32 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 133 responses
- Football games18%
- Haunted Hall Way17%
- Fashion show11%
- Teacher Idol8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,740 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 61 responses
Schools like North Bergen High School
- grade C+Garfield High School
- Garfield Public School District, NJ
- Rating 3.1 out of 5 182 reviews
- grade C+Belleville High School
- Belleville Public Schools, NJ
- Rating 3.37 out of 5 292 reviews
- grade C minusHenry Snyder High School
- Jersey City School District, NJ
- Rating 3.29 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade C minusAbraham Clark High School
- Roselle Public Schools, NJ
- Rating 3.06 out of 5 155 reviews
North Bergen High School Reviews
Rating 3.35 out of 5 365 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Honestly, it was an okay experience. It would be great for students to have more space in the school, more teachers so that class sizes could be smaller. That would allow for better relationships between students and teachers, which is an essential skill in the college setting where making connections with professors is NECESSARY!
Overall, High school was an okay experience for me. I'm currently a senior here in North Bergen High, and I am about to graduate with a 3.7 GPA. I worked my hardest to be where I am today. Most teachers in North Bergen are very well educated, and prepared me well for my next phase in life, which is college. Point is this highschool's education system can be difficult at times, but as long as you put in the work, then you'll be alright!
Alright environment and school, however it needs a lot of improvement being an overcrowded building and not the best administration. Not much parent involvement at all and are very hesitant to involve parent on student issues like about why they may have not been recommended to certain courses although qualifying to be there and then never resolve the issue. Definitely better in the STEM aspect and with a good set of extracurriculares for students, but there’s definitely better. Also other than the AP courses it certainly does not seem to be very preparing for college or doing college applications, very poor help in that aspect.