North Baltimore High School is a public school located in North Baltimore, OH. It has 170 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
North Baltimore High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B70 Students
- B45 Students
- B36 Students
- A+29 Students
- B-24 Students
- A19 Students
- A-18 Students
- C+15 Students
- C+14 Students
- A-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review North Baltimore High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like North Baltimore High School
- BArcadia High School
- Arcadia Local School District, OH
- 55 reviews
- BOtsego High School
- Otsego Local School District, OH
- 105 reviews
- C+McComb High School
- McComb Local School District, OH
- 34 reviews
- B+Liberty-Benton High School
- Liberty-Benton Local School District, OH
- 107 reviews
North Baltimore High School Reviews
At North Baltimore, there are a few teachers who truly do wish to see their students succeed. They get involved in clubs and activities beyond their jobs and seek out students that need help. In my own experience, an English teacher saw me struggle with a concept vital for writing essays and took the time to help me out. There are other teachers with similar experiences, but unfortunately, they are the minority. I find, more often than not, the teachers are either apathetic to their student's goals, or they are in their ivory towers. It's not an uncommon occurrence to have a teacher disengage from their class after the lesson and work on something unrelated to their school. It's also a nightmare to have a teacher to simultaneously teach a subject poorly and then proceed to fail the students.
Being at North Baltimore High School was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I met some of best friends while going to school, while also being inspired greatly by staff who work there. I know that graduating from North Baltimore High has extremely prepared me for college life. I knew what to expect going into college, which included: the workload, atmospheres, people, professors, time management, and so much more. I would highly recommend North Baltimore High School for anyone wanting to get more than just a high school education.
Most teachers are nice and helpful, some target children. Lots of bullying goes on, and when brought to adults attention just blamed on the victim. A lot of favoritism, and principal talks about children in hallways in front of other kids.