Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
North Babylon High School is an above average, public school located in North Babylon, NY. It has 1,473 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
North Babylon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus225 Students
- grade B149 Students
- grade A+130 Students
- grade B+125 Students
- grade B108 Students
- grade C108 Students
- grade A minus90 Students
- grade B89 Students
- grade B87 Students
- grade A+66 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responses
- Peppy rally20%
- Spirit Week19%
- School concerts10%
- Senior Cut Day10%
- School plays8%
- Art Shows5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$24,032 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 38 responses
Schools like North Babylon High School
- grade B minusUniondale High School
- Uniondale Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 320 reviews
- grade B minusBrentwood High School
- Brentwood Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 652 reviews
- grade B minusWestbury High School
- Westbury Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 167 reviews
- grade A minusWest Babylon Senior High School
- West Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 300 reviews
North Babylon High School Reviews
Rating 3.64 out of 5 228 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall, North Babylon is your typical high school. The school is very diverse amongst the student body and faculty. Depending on what teacher you have, some of the teachers are excellent while others need improvement. The school is very safe. We have fantastic sports teams and some of them are league champions! The food however could be better and I wish they would serve more healthier options rather than serving processed unhealthy food. Some of the resources are good while some could use a little more work to support fellow students. For college readiness, North Babylon definitely is a 4/5 because many of the teachers do everything in their power to prepare students for higher education.
This school helped cultivate my drive to pursue my career and be involved in what I'm passionate about. I plan on becoming a teacher because some the teachers were fantastic and it inspired me to be a teacher that will go above and beyond for their students. However, this school also showed me how corrupt educators can be and I want to be the best teacher I can be so that no student is subjected to teachers that can't admit when they're wrong. Money goes into making the school look better on the outside, not towards things that will provide a better educational experience for the students. The district needs to have every student's best interest at heart, not just the favorites.
I would consider this High School to be below average in comparison to other High Schools in the United States. It seems as if my school only cares about funding the most popular sports teams, such as the boy's football team or the boy's basketball team. It saddens me, especially since I know that many students would love to have more funding in their extracurricular clubs, such as theatre or quiz bowl. I also wish that my school could create more STEM centered clubs, like robotics club. So putting more funding into things that all students could enjoy, is definitely one factor that the school should improve on. As well as fixing some actual tangible parts of the school, like the bathroom doors & mirrors, in order to improve the quality of the building as we attend school for 7 hours each day.