North Andover High School is a highly rated, public school located in North Andover, MA. It has 1,490 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
North Andover High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A239 Students
- A+145 Students
- B+122 Students
- A-121 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+93 Students
- A-75 Students
- B67 Students
- B66 Students
- A66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like North Andover High School
- AChelmsford High School
- Chelmsford Public Schools, MA
- 264 reviews
- ANorth Reading High School
- North Reading Public Schools, MA
- 133 reviews
- A-Newburyport High School
- Newburyport Public Schools, MA
- 97 reviews
- A-Ipswich High School
- Ipswich Public Schools, MA
- 54 reviews
North Andover High School Reviews
I am a senior at North Andover High School right now and I absolutely loved every day of being a high schooler. I am so thankful for everything North Andover Public Schools has done for me and so happy I chose to go to NAHS. I loved my high school experience and could not have imagined it any other way. I genuinely enjoy going to classes and the teachers are awesome. Many teachers here are very personal and are willing to connect with their students on a personal level and they all want the best for all of us. The sports here are great and all the kids are hard working and most kids are very welcoming and kind. If I could go back and be a freshman, I would do it all over again!
I think North Andover High School is a fair school, just about average. Most of the teachers are very passionate, kind, smart and inspirational, though there are teachers that don't care much about their job, it's easy to see through the way they teach and run the class. I like the diversity of clubs, there are clubs for basically anything you can think of. Overall, it's a great school, with great programs, opportunities and resources. However, not only the schedule the school uses limits the number of AP classes the student can take, but also they don't make logical decisions. For example, vaping is a huge problem in our school. Instead of installing nicotine detectors (might be expensive, but effective and saves money in the long run) and checking the cameras often, they would lock the bathrooms, which makes it harder for students whom are legitimately trying to use the bathroom. Because of these two big shortcomings of this school, it's about average.
Nothing too special about this place. I made a lot of good memories and good friends, but the school system is terrible. Teachers play favorites and the social pyramid is ridiculous. Your parents money determines your entire future in this town from the minute you move there. The teachers used to watch us fight and not break it up and there would be little to no consequences for anything we did wrong. The staff was a joke and I can't remember a single thing that I actually learned instead of just memorized for a test. Some teachers barely gave work and others gave way too much. The only good thing about this place is the music department- shoutout Mrs Durkin and Mr Smalley, you guys rock!! Everybody basically did what they wanted here, and it was all a big joke. Go Knights though!