Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
North Allegheny High School is a top rated, public school located in Wexford, PA. It has 2,724 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
North Allegheny High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A679 Students
- grade A+548 Students
- grade A+293 Students
- grade A minus280 Students
- grade A+214 Students
- grade A+178 Students
- grade B167 Students
- grade A+166 Students
- grade B minus132 Students
- grade A minus121 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 56 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 198 responses
- Football games25%
- School dances17%
- Homecoming parade9%
- Orchestra Trips6%
- Orchestra Concerts5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 64 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 94 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,884 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 99 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 99 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 99 responses
Schools like North Allegheny High School
- grade A+Fox Chapel Area High School
- Fox Chapel Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 307 reviews
- grade A+Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- Mt. Lebanon School District, PA
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 361 reviews
- grade AQuaker Valley High School
- Quaker Valley School District, PA
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 210 reviews
- grade A+Hampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- Rating 4.09 out of 5 221 reviews
North Allegheny High School Reviews
Rating 4.22 out of 5 731 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
North Allegheny provided me with an amazing high school experience as of today. They offer such a wide variety of courses, so everyone will have relative ease when selecting courses. I am mainly interested in business, and had to opportunity to take countless business-related courses over the years. I also have never encountered an issue with any of the staff. All of my teachers have always been great to me, and it seems as if they really do want all of their students to succeed. Also, any time an issue has ever sprouted, I have always been able to reach out to a staff member for help. Whether it was a teacher, counselor, or tech worker, they are always willing to help.
North Allegheny High School is an educational powerhouse. The academics and teachers are top notch with a few exceptions when it comes to teachers. There are plenty of extracurricular sports and activities to get involved with as well. Many of the extracurricular sports are played at a competitive level. Counselors, despite the large student population, are very good and seem to genuinely care for each every student's well being and success. Where it falls short is the cleanliness of the cafeteria and the quality of the food served. The tables used in the cafeteria are rarely cleaned, even when coming back from a weekend or a break they don't even seem to touch them making them quite disgusting. When it comes to the food there are very few options that provide a filling meal. Many taste like cardboard and are quite expensive.
The school counselors do their absolute best to excel all students to their highest levels of academics. The elite programs and classes sprouted nothing but excellent, successful students. The student boy at North Allegheny was so passionate about school and eachother making it a very safe and friendly environment.