North Allegheny High School is an elite, public school located in Wexford, PA. It has 2,721 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
North Allegheny High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A381 Students
- A+305 Students
- A-161 Students
- A+149 Students
- A+138 Students
- A+116 Students
- B94 Students
- A+86 Students
- A-79 Students
- A+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.61 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.91 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.96 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.96 responses
Schools like North Allegheny High School
- A+Fox Chapel Area High School
- Fox Chapel Area School District, PA
- 272 reviews
- A+Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- Mt. Lebanon School District, PA
- 297 reviews
- A+Quaker Valley High School
- Quaker Valley School District, PA
- 197 reviews
- A+Hampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 196 reviews
North Allegheny High School Reviews
North Allegheny is a great school for anybody. I love how they have so many different clubs to join, for example, they have frisbee club, model club..etc. There is so much stuff to choose from! Also, at North Allegheny, sports and athletic, are really big here. Our football team has 2 state champions, since I have been here. My cousins go to North Hills (our enemies school) and they are always so jealous because we always beat them in football. Overall, North Allegheny is a great place to attend, we are dominate in all areas from academic, clubs to sports. LET'S GO TIGERS!
North Allegheny is a wonderful school. It has great teachers, and great curriculum. There are may people with different backgrounds and the student body is very diverse. It has a great administration and very good teachers. Some teachers rely too much on technology and do not teach us directly. Our school itself is very old, so some of the facilities are very worn out. It is definitely better than other schools, but it definitely needs more improvements. It needs a better heating and cooling system. The bathrooms could also be cleaner. The food is pretty good, but there isn't too much variety.
North Allegheny is a very driven and vigorous school. The academics here are instense and the sports are incredible. Most teachers are invested in their work and understanding but there are cases were this in not the case. Additionally, students are put under very high standards, which helps improvements but also causes stress. The school all around is very good. If the administration was more efficient I believe the hiccups would be solved. North Allegheny is an incredible school district and I would not get as much out of any other school.