North Allegheny High School is a top rated, public school located in Wexford, PA. It has 2,665 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
North Allegheny High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A468 Students
- A+370 Students
- A-212 Students
- A+182 Students
- A+162 Students
- A+128 Students
- B121 Students
- A+109 Students
- B-95 Students
- A-90 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.55 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.55 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.93 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.98 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.98 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.98 responses
Schools like North Allegheny High School
- A+Fox Chapel Area High School
- Fox Chapel Area School District, PA
- 285 reviews
- A+Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- Mt. Lebanon School District, PA
- 313 reviews
- A+Quaker Valley High School
- Quaker Valley School District, PA
- 200 reviews
- AHampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 201 reviews
North Allegheny High School Reviews
North Allegheny is a school of excellence concerning their background and the future ahead. Although it is sparse in diversity, they never fail to include absolutely everyone who attends school with programs such as GSA and Multicultural Student Union. The teachers genuinely love their job, which ultimately motivates the students to love learning and come to school with an open mind. However, the school is extremely competitive and can cause high stress levels due to the amount of pressure surrounding good grades and getting into top colleges. Nevertheless, it is arguably the best school in Pennsylvania.
I started going to North Allegheny in 9th grade, and I have had a positive experience throughout the past four years. I believe North Allegheny has created an education program that engages the interest of students so that they want to learn. The teachers are passionate about what they teach, making challenging classes fun. My junior year I took Honors Anatomy and Physiology, which was more like an AP level course. It was the most difficult class I have taken, but ended up being the class I loved the most. There is not much I would change about my school, except it would also be nice if the were more windows in the building.
North Allegheny is the best place for arts, athletics, and most importantly, academics. With success in all three of these crucial areas, North Allegheny is known to be one of the best school in the nation. North Allegheny does not only focus on these factors, but they also focus on students' future. The teachers and administration prepare students to excel in college and be prepared for the future outside of the bubble we are said to live in. Overall, this district has readied me for life outside of high school by focusing on the most important things to succeed.