North Allegheny High School is a top rated, public school located in Wexford, PA. It has 2,665 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
North Allegheny High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A547 Students
- A+444 Students
- A-241 Students
- A+222 Students
- A+176 Students
- A+147 Students
- B138 Students
- A+126 Students
- A-103 Students
- B-102 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.56 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.94 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.99 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.99 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.99 responses
Schools like North Allegheny High School
- A+Fox Chapel Area High School
- Fox Chapel Area School District, PA
- 289 reviews
- A+Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
- Mt. Lebanon School District, PA
- 328 reviews
- AQuaker Valley High School
- Quaker Valley School District, PA
- 204 reviews
- AHampton High School
- Hampton Township School District, PA
- 211 reviews
North Allegheny High School Reviews
North Allegheny High School is an educational powerhouse. The academics and teachers are top notch with a few exceptions when it comes to teachers. There are plenty of extracurricular sports and activities to get involved with as well. Many of the extracurricular sports are played at a competitive level. Counselors, despite the large student population, are very good and seem to genuinely care for each every student's well being and success. Where it falls short is the cleanliness of the cafeteria and the quality of the food served. The tables used in the cafeteria are rarely cleaned, even when coming back from a weekend or a break they don't even seem to touch them making them quite disgusting. When it comes to the food there are very few options that provide a filling meal. Many taste like cardboard and are quite expensive.
North Allegheny is a school of excellence concerning their background and the future ahead. Although it is sparse in diversity, they never fail to include absolutely everyone who attends school with programs such as GSA and Multicultural Student Union. The teachers genuinely love their job, which ultimately motivates the students to love learning and come to school with an open mind. However, the school is extremely competitive and can cause high stress levels due to the amount of pressure surrounding good grades and getting into top colleges. Nevertheless, it is arguably the best school in Pennsylvania.
North Allegheny has provided me with experience with of all kinds of people. I have had various truly wonderful teachers, who are intentional about developing their students and curriculum. My experience has not always been as wonderful as I have had some teachers I strong feel should not be teaching. This being stated, I would like to compliment the acceleration in the curriculum at North Allegheny. It known to be a very good school and kids are prepared for college. In this aspect I think North Allegheny does an exceptional job. As far as extra circular activities go, I would say the focus should be fine tuned. I think team sports should be decided by outside judges. North Allegheny does tend to cover things up, a big money school, and all politics when it comes to sports. My time at North Allegheny has challenged me and developed me in ways I thank them for.