Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Normal Community West High School is a highly rated, public school located in Normal, IL. It has 1,619 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Normal Community West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+252 Students
- A+141 Students
- B-140 Students
- A-80 Students
- A-71 Students
- B-66 Students
- B-57 Students
- A56 Students
- A-53 Students
- A+52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 91 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Normal Community West High School
- ANormal Community High School
- McLean County Unified School District No. 5, IL
- 368 reviews
- A-Bloomington High School
- Bloomington School District No. 87, IL
- 150 reviews
- BEl Paso-Gridley High School
- El Paso-Gridley Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- 45 reviews
- BOlympia High School
- Olympia Community Unit School District No. 16, IL
- 54 reviews
Normal Community West High School Reviews
Great district! School is definitely geared toward college prep. Great in most if not all academic areas. Particularly strong are the sciences and math. Outstanding music and theatre, also!
I like how you are able to change your class, until you are comfortable with your teacher. My guidance counselor is very good at getting back to me, as well as helping me with any problems I had all throughout my high school career up until now. As an incoming freshman, you get paired up with a junior or senior for your first year so that you can get comfortable with high school. I thought the freshman mentor program at West was the best and it helped me become comfortable quickly with high school. The teachers that I have had have all been great teachers in some aspects and lacked in other aspects, which is something I think needs to change at West. Some of the teachers I have had, had/ have disorganized teaching styles and didn't listen to the students and what a they thought was best for their learning. Overall, West is a very good school that is very welcoming.
During my time at Normal West I have made some amazing memories and friends. West is truly a school that cares, and wants each of their students to know that they matter and have a role in our school. There are so many opportunities offered at our school, there is truly an opportunity for all. Normal West could improve with the effort that teachers put forth. There are so many phenomenal teachers who love each and every one of their students, but there are several teachers who demonstrate a lack of professionalism and care for their job. West is a great school, but can also use improvement.