Normal Community High School is a highly rated, public school located in Normal, IL. It has 2,052 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 24% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+257 Students
- A+231 Students
- B-137 Students
- A86 Students
- A-83 Students
- A77 Students
- A76 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+71 Students
- A+62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 187 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.66 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Schools like Normal Community High School
- A-Normal Community West High School
- McLean County Unified School District No. 5, IL
- 261 reviews
- A-Bloomington High School
- Bloomington School District No. 87, IL
- 142 reviews
- B+Ridgeview High School
- Ridgeview Community Unit School District No. 19, IL
- 33 reviews
- A-Le Roy High School
- Leroy Community Unit School District No. 2, IL
- 52 reviews
Normal Community High School Reviews
Normal Community High School is a place for everyone! Not only are academics and sports a priority, the faculty does a great job of making sure drama, music, technology, and other clubs are supported as well. No matter what your interests are, you will be able to find an activity you enjoy. Most teachers are extremely easy to work with, and they want to see you succeed, especially as you graduate and head off to college. There is zero tolerance for bullying and any type of discrimination. All Normal Community students have a strong sense of pride in the school.
Normal Community High School is the key to opportunity and success. In many students’ high school experiences, there are series of drama, stress, and academic frustration that holds students back from achievements. However, when opening the doors of Normal Community, there is always warm-welcoming faces all around that make every day of high school manageable. The teachers, administrators, and faculty are so considerate when helping to make sure each student achieves their goals after graduation. The school provides electives that give their students a learning path toward any of their sixteen different career clusters. Many students have found their passions and their career path from many academic challenges. The school offers honors, dual credit, and various advanced-placement Courses that benefit students drastically. Normal Community High School is the reason that these past four years of my life, will be some of the most memorable experiences.
Normal Community offers a top quality education and environment. Many of the teachers are excellent and care about students' learning in general. The facilities are exceptional as well with a recent grant being used to add technology to the building. One of the problems with Normal Community is the shifting focus to Standard Based Grading and the favoritism to certain extracurricular clubs and sports. Despite this, the atmosphere is great and the school offers a great place to learn.