Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Nixon-Smiley High School is a public school located in Nixon, TX. It has 287 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Nixon-Smiley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+35 Students
- A+25 Students
- B23 Students
- A+21 Students
- B18 Students
- B-16 Students
- A14 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-13 Students
- C+12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Nixon-Smiley High School Reviews
The school needs to be more open to new things and actually push for those things to happen, instead of giving up or having no faith in the kids. About half of the teachers don't want to be there, and therefore don't teach their students well. Some teachers, though, are fantastic. They want to raise the kids up to a new level and do everything they can for the kids, but the administration limits their involvement. Some of that has to do with American culture, but some of it is just plain cowardice.
For all I have known, more parents show up to basketball games then any other sport that this school has ever had or even meetings or open house. The school may be small, but we have gone to basketball championships and state in basketball many years in a row. Our school and community is known for basketball and more and more people each year attend these basketball games. Basketball is our schools sport, it is what we have always done better in.
FFA is one of the best orginizatins as well as the Nixon 4-H, Smiley 4-H, and Leesville 4-H. These clubs all compete in the same county Livestock Show. More people come here and raise money through these clubs then any other club in the community. I, myself, have participated in 4-H or FFa since i was in third grade and I have always loved it and being around animals.