grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Nixa High School is a highly rated, public school located in Nixa, MO. It has 1,748 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Nixa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B458 Students
- grade A minus202 Students
- grade B176 Students
- grade C+172 Students
- grade B+123 Students
- grade B116 Students
- grade A minus113 Students
- grade A minus93 Students
- grade C83 Students
- grade A+79 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responses
- Football games25%
- Dare to Care15%
- Pep rallies10%
- Choral Competitions7%
- Tiger Roast7%
- Basketball games6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,209 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 42 responses
Schools like Nixa High School
- grade B+Ozark High School
- Ozark R-VI School District, MO
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 167 reviews
- grade B+Republic High School
- Republic R-III School District, MO
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 212 reviews
- grade B minusLogan-Rogersville High School
- Logan-Rogersville R-VIII School District, MO
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 61 reviews
- grade B+Kickapoo High School
- Springfield R-XII School District, MO
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 338 reviews
Nixa High School Reviews
Rating 3.82 out of 5 263 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
At Nixa High School, I'm involved in sports and notable academic classes. The athletics are a great environment and always do well. At Nixa, you even if you aren't involved in sports, there are plenty of other ways to get involved such as band, choir, and after school clubs! Nixa's academics are good, but they're also expanding, and getting even better. They have recently added more AP classes and the AP Honor roll, which looks great on College Applications. One thing Nixa could improve on is diversity and adding the IB program or having weighted grades.
My Experience has been poor, They can teach lessons but the staff has a large percentage that is completely lazy and rude! I have had years that are miserable and others that are at best tolerable. The Admins and Counselors do not care for the students or their future. Here it is about the strict rules and guidelines if you do not follow their expectations you will be punished even when it makes no sense. Their policy on tardies and absences makes little to no sense and doesn't encourage students to prepare themselves for the future(or as they call it "the real world") I hope this helps everyone make this place a better environment.
Nixa is overall a wonderful school. The classes offered and taught challenges the students to broaden their minds! A great environment with great students, teachers, and staff!