Niskayuna High School is a top rated, public school located in Schenectady, NY. It has 1,374 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Niskayuna High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+98 Students
- A-88 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+80 Students
- A74 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+55 Students
- B55 Students
- A-55 Students
- B+54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 70 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Niskayuna High School
- A+Bethlehem Central Senior High School
- Bethlehem Central School District, NY
- 182 reviews
- A+Shaker High School
- North Colonie Central School District, NY
- 111 reviews
- AGuilderland High School
- Guilderland Central School District, NY
- 231 reviews
- A-Clayton A. Bouton High School
- Voorheesville Central School District, NY
- 40 reviews
Niskayuna High School Reviews
Niskayuna is a great school with rigorous academics. Although it can be all consuming and competitive at times, that’s not necessarily a bad thing considering the amount of educational opportunities available and the preparation for college. Teachers are mostly friendly, especially the social studies department. School spirit is not a priority or very prevalent at all. Lots of clubs to join, however many students are only part of a few. There aren’t many opportunities for exchanges and foreign language trips. Overall one of the better schools in the capital region.
Students at Niskayuna High School will pretend to hate their experience and spend hour after hour complaining about their life at this school. Most likely, it is because Niskayuna has a high reputation for excellence, and has many strict regulations to maintain this precedent. The teachers are all highly educated, the hallways are always quiet, every student is accounted for at all moments of the day, and students do not love this constant attention. We are a highly academically based school, and this breeds a very competitive environment. All these aspects aside, I am extremely privileged to attend this school. Among the student body, we bond through our suffering and become very close. I am definitely expanding my academic experience at this school and it has left me with many options for my future. While I can't wait to get out, I am very thankful for what it has given me.
Overall, Niskayuna High School is an extremely good school. With strong academics and competent teachers, I can be assured that I will be prepared for college. However, there exists an extremely competitive environment that has the tendency to make students feel down, inferior, and even anxious. However, I am very grateful to have attended this school.