Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Niskayuna High School is a top rated, public school located in Schenectady, NY. It has 1,393 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Niskayuna High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+139 Students
- grade A+123 Students
- grade A minus113 Students
- grade A+112 Students
- grade A+94 Students
- grade A92 Students
- grade A minus86 Students
- grade B+82 Students
- grade A minus82 Students
- grade A80 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responses
- Homecoming football game15%
- Activities Fair10%
- Senior Week10%
- Basketball Games8%
- Drama Club8%
- We don't really have any8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 29 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,652 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 37 responses
Schools like Niskayuna High School
- grade A+Bethlehem Central Senior High School
- Bethlehem Central School District, NY
- Rating 4.01 out of 5 199 reviews
- grade A+Shaker High School
- North Colonie Central School District, NY
- Rating 4.07 out of 5 152 reviews
- grade AGuilderland High School
- Guilderland Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 251 reviews
- grade AClayton A. Bouton High School
- Voorheesville Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 48 reviews
Niskayuna High School Reviews
Rating 3.77 out of 5 238 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My years in Niskayuna High School has been my only experience in the Niskayuna school district, and it has been a good one. Niskayuna has been rated highly, in terms of grades, and that can be attributed to the amazing staff of teachers. There is a great diversity in class options and there are many AP classes and opportunities for college credit. NHS has an abundance of club opportunities as well as sports available for students. There are many different options for music or art credits, including many different art, music or tech classes with different levels where students can move up with more experience. Due to many recent school shootings across the country, Niskayuna has relegated entry to two entrances with identification required to sign in, as well as security staff. I am not entirely happy with the district administration, but the high school administration is incredible and they talk with the students on multiple occasions. Overall, Niskayuna High School is a great school.
I have been within the Niskayuna Central School District since kindergarten, so there is a lot to say. My experience at Niskayuna has been good. There are always things that I wish were different, but to say I hate everything they have to offer would be a lie. To start with the good, Nisky always provides good resources and areas for students to work. Niskayuna specifically prides itself with how high our academic standing is and it’s not wrong. I love that we have so many clubs and activities for us to join that there are almost an overwhelming amount of choices. To discuss the bad things, I wished we had more diversity and for some teachers to be better prepared. I’ve had great teachers, but I’ve also had a decent amount of teachers who I felt were unprepared or couldn’t help me. I just wish Niskayuna could better prepare some of their teachers. Through every experience I’ve had at Niskayuna, I can say I’m glad to be here anyway and I have received a very good education.
Overall I'm pretty happy with how my expierence has gone at Niskayuna so far. I've never felt like I wasn't safe or extra measures could be taken. The only thing I can say is that we lack diversity and many POC are minorities. But Niskayuna still takes measures to make sure they are treated fairly and all but sometimes the students still take it upon themselves to be somewhat aggressive. Not many though, but I have seen a few instances where it happens, especially to the Muslim girls of Niskayuna who wear hijabs.