Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School
- SANBORN, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School is an above average, public school located in SANBORN, NY. It has 1,208 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus138 Students
- grade B113 Students
- grade C81 Students
- grade C+51 Students
- grade A+45 Students
- grade A minus44 Students
- grade B minus41 Students
- grade B+40 Students
- grade B40 Students
- grade A39 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responses
- Sporting events37%
- The school musicals21%
- Pep Rallys16%
- Dances and Spirit Week11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$19,001 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School
- grade AGrand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 41 reviews
- grade B minusNorth Tonawanda High School
- North Tonawanda City School District, NY
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 90 reviews
- grade B minusWilson High School
- Wilson Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 69 reviews
- grade B+Kenmore East Senior High School
- Kenmore-Tonawanda Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 135 reviews
Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.35 out of 5 60 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Theres nothing too special to say about NWHS. It’s just an average run of the mill high school. Personally, I’ve never experienced anything awful here and I believe it’s safe to say that bullying is a big problem here. The academics aren’t bad but they aren’t top notch either. It’s a regular high school generally for low to upper middle class families.
Niagara-Wheatfield High School, in my opinion is a very good school. It has many great teachers, and we have a good community of students. Our education isn’t top of the line, but after all it is a public school.
The teachers are very helpful and make sure their students understand the material they are given. I like the friendly and productive atmosphere as well.