Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Sanborn, NY. It has 1,239 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A105 Students
- B81 Students
- C+56 Students
- B-36 Students
- B-34 Students
- A-30 Students
- B29 Students
- B-27 Students
- A+26 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School
- A-Grand Island Senior High School
- Grand Island Central School District, NY
- 35 reviews
- B-North Tonawanda High School
- North Tonawanda City School District, NY
- 76 reviews
- B-Wilson High School
- Wilson Central School District, NY
- 67 reviews
- A-Kenmore East Senior High School
- Kenmore-Tonawanda Union Free School District, NY
- 113 reviews
Niagara-Wheatfield Senior High School Reviews
It was an alright high school, but I wish it helped the students help focus on what they want to do in the future and help prepare them for college. Also they should have classes for what the students need to help them get into the college they want and into the major they want.
This school has brought me a long way with my education, my friends, and my experience. The school spirit is excellent and everyone seems to join in. I had the opportunity to perform the anthem at high school sporting events, as long as sing in musicals and in choirs here. Athletics also became a big part of the fun and working hard. The events we provide in our school keep kids motivated to work and learn in school. Our dances and spirit weeks are amazing, as we have just started our very first pin dodge ball tournament this school year. The students over the past four years have really joined together as one, for our spirit rally, sporting events, and many more. One of the most unique things about Niagara Wheatfield is that we are the only school in western new york that has a high school senior sitting on the school board representing the school. I was lucky enough to be chosen on the board as this is only our third year starting with a student representative would choose this school every time because of the amount of fun we have in our education as well as the many more spectacular things our school provides.
The teachers in my school are great with students. They are approachable, and very caring to each student they have. They know every student very well and come to our club/music/sport events. These teachers are not only here to teach us, but are here if we ever have problems outside of the subject they teach. They will discuss anything whether it is personal, or just a struggle in the class. The teachers know everything they teach and mostly everything you ask. But what the biggest lessons given are examples about the real world and outside of the building. Their quality at their jobs is excellent as they strive each day to teach us something new.