Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Newton Senior High School is a public school located in Newton, KS. It has 1,022 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 24% in reading.
Newton Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-192 Students
- A-126 Students
- A119 Students
- B88 Students
- B69 Students
- B56 Students
- B+56 Students
- B-42 Students
- B42 Students
- B37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Newton Senior High School
- B+Moundridge High School
- Moundridge Unified School District, KS
- 52 reviews
- B+Valley Center High School
- Valley Center Public Schools, KS
- 119 reviews
- B-Burrton Middle/High School
- Burrton Unified School District, KS
- 11 reviews
- CPeabody-Burns Junior/Senior High School
- Peabody-Burns Unified School District, KS
- 7 reviews
Newton Senior High School Reviews
Newton High School has helped me become the person that I am today. Staff and administration make it their goal every day to give students the best possible learning environment. With abundant opportunities to take honors and AP classes as well as get involved in CTE pathways, I have discovered my loves of journalism and medical science. Aside from academics, counselors and teachers encourage students to get involved in clubs and activities, resulting in my title of Editor-In-Chief of the school newspaper. Due to supportive teachers, administration, extracurricular activities and academics, I believe that I have received the best possible education to prepare me for college.
Newton High School gave me a great education, and provided me with plenty of opportunities to expand my learning outside of the classroom, volunteer, and become a leader. Newton offers all sports that KSHSAA offers, and has over 40 clubs for you to choose from. Clubs are also easy to create, which is what some friends and I did while creating ping pong club. That is one example of the many opportunities one had. The school has an amazing fine arts (mainly Band and Jazz) program, as well as CTE programs. You can connect with teachers, of which know the source material very well. Although the non honors/AP track students are sometimes seemingly left behind.
I have enjoyed so far the opportunities of the diverse courses available in the school such as the engineering, music and language departments. As well as the school's robotics team and scholarship awareness opportunities for high school seniors. Lastly, the availability of reaching out to the community via the clubs and organizations available in Newton High.