Newton North High School is a top rated, public school located in Newtonville, MA. It has 2,057 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Newton North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A300 Students
- A+187 Students
- A+186 Students
- A+155 Students
- A+130 Students
- A+121 Students
- A+105 Students
- A-97 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 101 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.49 responses
Schools like Newton North High School
- A+Newton South High School
- Newton Public Schools, MA
- 241 reviews
- A+Wayland High School
- Wayland Public Schools, MA
- 124 reviews
- A+Brookline High School
- Public Schools of Brookline, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 271 reviews
- A+Lexington High School
- Lexington Public Schools, MA
- 293 reviews
Newton North High School Reviews
If you wish to be in an academically competitive environment with amazing facilities and resources and are interested in pursuing higher education, Newton North will prepare you amazingly well. The counseling staff is great and most teachers are very committed and dedicated to making sure their students are mentally and socially healthy and prepared for life after high school. On top of this, there are many opportunities for extra curricular activities from JV and Varsity sports to theatre, art, music, computer programming, social activism and community involvement. In terms of diversity Newton North is very accepting for anyone with disabilities all kinds and of differences in gender orientation, gender expression and sexuality. Although in terms of race, and religions other than Atheism, Christianity and Judaism, the school has some room for improvement. Over all I have found myself extremely prepared, both academically and socially in college and in the "real" world.
Overall, Newton North High School provided me a strong secondary education. There was ample opportunities, extracurriculars, classes, and clubs to join. There was always something going on, from sports games to theatre productions. The proximity to Newtonville was also extremely convenient, as there were lots off-campus food options. While there were some faults with the school, such as with the minimal guidance counselor meetings and help, overall it was a great experience.
Overall, great school. Library's policy could improve... As a senior currently undergoing the college process, Newton North has prepared me very well and helps everywhere possible. Though it is a fairly competitive high school, it challenges students to do the best they can and take difficult courses. With the availability of many Advanced Placement courses, students are prepared for college early and, on average, do well on the SAT and ACT standardized tests.