Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Newton High School is a public school located in Newton, TX. It has 283 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Newton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B56 Students
- grade B minus45 Students
- grade A+30 Students
- grade A+25 Students
- grade B minus23 Students
- grade A23 Students
- grade B+21 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade A minus19 Students
- grade B minus18 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade A minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responses
- Meet in the middle6%
- Pep rallies6%
- Relay for life6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,693 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like Newton High School
- grade B minusKirbyville High School
- Kirbyville Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 61 reviews
- grade C+Jasper High School
- Jasper Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.45 out of 5 82 reviews
- grade C+Merryville High School
- Beauregard Parish Public Schools, LA
- PK, K-12
- Rating 2.9 out of 5 10 reviews
- grade C+Burkeville High School
- Burkeville Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- Rating 3.23 out of 5 13 reviews
Newton High School Reviews
Rating 3.29 out of 5 80 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Honestly I would have to say that Newton school district is definitely an amazing school for a small community. I have been attending newton since I was in pre-k and through my years of elementary, middle-school and high school I would say that these year are the best years of my life. The teachers in our schools are amazing because us as students create bonds with the teachers and we have memories in the classroom that will stay with us through college. Now that I am a senior in high school I still find myself reminiscing on my past experiences with newton. I do this because they were some of the best memories I have. The most impacting experience with Newton High school would have to be Athletics for sure. Not only did athletics help me grow as a person, but it taught me discipline, teamwork, leadership as well as how to have tough skin. Many of these characteristics are very important to have in your future, and I have newton high school to thank for that.
My experience at Newton High School was Great! They taught you about the real world and what to expect once you left there. I think more classes about finances, how to do resumes, and get jobs should be put in to better prepare the students.
Newton High School could use severe improvements in all aspects. The builds for one are rundown and there aren’t enough classrooms in the building which causes the math classes to be held in portable buildings behind the school. The curriculum could use some updates also to make the classes more challenging for students rather than letting everyone breeze by and do the minimum.