Newton High School is a public school located in Newton, MS. It has 256 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Newton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+52 Students
- A-48 Students
- C+44 Students
- A-34 Students
- C+22 Students
- B-22 Students
- B17 Students
- A16 Students
- B-15 Students
- C14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Newton High School Reviews
My experience was good. I had a lot of personal issues going on at home. I always had a person to go when I needed someone to talk to or give me advice on. I like how the teachers care about you and wants you to succeed in life. Most teachers would pass you just to get rid of you, but the teachers here at Newton High School care about you and your education. Two things I would like for Newton High School to change is the teachers need to be more prepared of themselves before they teach the students and go more into depth with information. The second thing is the teachers need to teach the students to be prepared for college and the outside world.
Throughout my four years at Newton High School, I have found that although the school itself may not be perfect however it is still a good school. Newton has different programs for students such as: sports for athletic children, band for musical children, and various programs like Beta for academic children. This school has a staff that wishes the best for your success and help complete any goal that need to be met. The teacher do more than just educate as they mentor the students and act as an educational parent by keeping them away from trouble. The school also has an administration that makes sure you are provided with every bit of information need to ensure that students pass their state tests and become successful graduates of the school and later from college.
Newton High School sports program is very successful program, but the children put more into it than their academics! I would love to see teachers that are trying to teach the students instead of being their friends. All together the school needs to be rebuilt.