Newton High School is a public school located in Covington, GA. It has 2,424 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Newton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+594 Students
- A+477 Students
- B+374 Students
- B-286 Students
- B268 Students
- B-256 Students
- A+237 Students
- C+229 Students
- C+229 Students
- A-211 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.50 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 137 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.80 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.89 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.89 responses
Newton High School Reviews
Newton High School is a great little school. I have been attending Newton High School for four years now and it has gone by smoothly. Since it's a small school, the students and teachers are really connected. Teachers help you with any work you have and are always there for you. The staff is also friendly and makes the atmosphere comfortable and cozy. This really makes learning effective and easy. This school may be tiny but everyone is well connected and there are supporters all around you. The food is decent and there are plenty of clubs and organizations that you can be involved with. Overall, it's a great school and I am happy I got to experience it.
Newton High is a very close-knit school. There are over 2,500 students and we are all treated like family. The athletics are excellent. The teachers are very vocal and not too strict. We have fun, but we also get our work done as well. Our administration listens to the students, as well as the parents. Being at Newton for my 2nd year has been a blast, my senior year will be even better. Go Rams!
This school is not the best and it doesn't have much to offer its students. Most of the staff is disrespectful and unhelp. The only way I made it to my senior year and graduating with honors is to make the decision to go to Newton Collee and Career Academy. This school lacks respects and regard for students. If you are someone trying to succeed in life and you do not play a sport this is not the school for you, because it is biased towards athletes. It is especially not helpful when it comes to scholarships or trying to find funding for college. Yes, they do put up a scholarship list but most of them are expired and old. My senior counselor was not helpful at all. I spoke with her 1 time during my senior year and that was during my senior evaluation that was done in a group setting with other students(no privacy).