Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Newport High School is an above average, public school located in Newport, WA. It has 362 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Newport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+280 Students
- A145 Students
- B+105 Students
- B-96 Students
- A-68 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-50 Students
- B-48 Students
- A+46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Newport High School Reviews
Newport High school is a small school in a small town. Accordingly, opportunities are limited. However, there are several notable teachers and classes, including AP math classes and a well-developed music program. There is also a variety of career-based programs such as robotics and computer science, fabrication and welding, and auto-tech. The actual high school building is very old and built into a hill, creating a dreary school atmosphere. There is also no air conditioning, which makes the school very hot at the beginning and end of the school year. Overall, the high school has some problems but offers a surprising variety of classes for such a small school.
Newport High School is an extraordinarily welcoming and scholastic school, with an average GPA of 3.5, students are encourage to succeed in their academics while also maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle. The only parts of Newport I believe need work are the extra curriculum. Although they boast a strong club amount and diverse amount of activities to do after school, I believe that the administration fails to encourage students to create more clubs on more niche topics.
Newport is ranked as one of the top schools in the entire state of Washington. International students choose to come to this school, and many teachers fight their way to place a job here too. Despite all the achievements Newport High School has received, there is an obvious burden on the students. Having a high Asian population, competition gets out of hand and stresses students out. Teachers tend to ignore the stress levels and anxiety exhibited by their students.