Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Newport High School is an above average, public school located in Newport, PA. It has 335 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Newport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+36 Students
- B30 Students
- C+24 Students
- B-18 Students
- A16 Students
- B14 Students
- C+13 Students
- B13 Students
- A+13 Students
- B-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Newport High School
- C+Halifax Area High School
- Halifax Area School District, PA
- 46 reviews
- B+Greenwood High School
- Greenwood School District, PA
- 38 reviews
- BEast Pennsboro Area Senior High School
- East Pennsboro Area School District, PA
- 189 reviews
- B-Susquenita High School
- Susquenita School District, PA
- 48 reviews
Newport High School Reviews
Great Students, Great Teachers and Administration, Great community! The staff cares abut the kids. The students are hardworking and involved.
Newport is a relatively small school that consists of middle school and high school students in one building. The classes offered are fairly rigorous and challenging, especially the AP courses. Sadly we don’t have much funding so the school does have some downfalls. Many students who attend are considered low income. We are situated in a very poor town where lots of illegal situations occur frequently. Newport however, is a very caring school and comes together to help the community whenever possible.
Although my time at Newport High school has been stressful, I am very grateful for the things I have learned and the opportunities I have been given. At Newport, the teachers are very supportive. They not only help students who come to them seeking guidance but also offer them kindness and encouragement. Concerning technology, the school provides every high school student with a laptop, which they are able to take home each day as long as they have signed the necessary paperwork. Furthermore, students participate in a variety of sports, clubs, music programs, etc. My favorite club is Student Council because it gives me leadership experience, allows me to improve the events held at my school and brings me closer to my peers as we plan and attend many different school events. At the end of the day, I am blessed to attend Newport High School. The teachers I've had, friends I've made, and things I've experienced help shape the person I am today.