Newman International at Cedar Hill is an above average, public, charter school located in Cedar Hill, TX. It has 772 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Newman International at Cedar Hill Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+21 Students
- A19 Students
- A+19 Students
- B18 Students
- A+15 Students
- B+15 Students
- A12 Students
- A+12 Students
- A11 Students
- A-11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Newman International at Cedar Hill Reviews
Newman has a beautifulof college campus environment that gives off a cozy feel of nature.The students have made such a great culture and the way we interact creates a united team. The teachers really care about their students. They will be there for you and inspire you to the fullest. Although I really love this school, there are many problems that students face. Student participation is important to help the school run, but in some cases students do not really have a voice. We do have student council and National Honor Society,but most of the ideas get denied.This gives students the feeling that we are not given a level of trust we hope the administration would give us.There is also a majority of unorganization between administration and students. We are a young school and although we, students have a lack of voice, I believe this makes us stronger with the effort to reform our school together. The experiences that comes with attending this school is unforgettableable!
Not a very good place to go when the weather is bad, especially in the winter time. The girls still have to wear their powwow uniform that involves a skirt and it can get supper could out and some tights are not gonna help them stay warm! Education is great . I also have to report that some teachers don't do their job right when it comes to attendance, they will mark the student absent instead of tardy which is something they are not supposed to do and they will have to do credit recovery if they get a certain amount of absences, and its not fair to the student to have to be punish because the teacher isn't doing their job right. And for the teachers they had to withstand a pay cut a couple times so we lost some good teachers because of the pay cut.
I have been enrolled into Newman since my 8th grade year and now my final year as a senior. Newman is something that is very unique to me and the rest of our district. It is a very distinct school and I have never seen any other school that compares to ours. It does not provide the best education which is a huge down fall, but the teachers at the school do try their very best to give the students as much information on classes as well as information we need become young adults successfully. The strict dress code is something that usually defers students away from our school, as well as "POWWOW"which is basically a mandatory weekly chapel . Another thing that I think is very unique about our school is the international trip juniors and seniors are mandated to take before they are allowed to graduate. One thing in particular that Newman is known for is there lack of school dances, something that most schools have year round. Newman does not allow seniors to have prom.