Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Newfield High School is a highly rated, public school located in Selden, NY. It has 1,499 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Newfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-226 Students
- C183 Students
- A+97 Students
- A-87 Students
- B+66 Students
- B66 Students
- B62 Students
- A+59 Students
- B58 Students
- C+55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Newfield High School
- A-Centereach High School
- Middle Country Central School District, NY
- 277 reviews
- BBellport Senior High School
- South Country Central School District, NY
- 140 reviews
- B+North Babylon High School
- North Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 223 reviews
- B+Center Moriches High School
- Center Moriches Union Free School District, NY
- 72 reviews
Newfield High School Reviews
What I will always remember about Newfield is our school spirit. Our bleaches at our football games were continuously packed out, students had to sit on the ground. Everyone went wild for the halftime performances- cheer and kickline, which I participated in. The teams were like family, I will never forget the tradition of our group chants and pasta parties before every game. The teachers will always have a special place in my heart. They really care about their students and want to see them succeed, they're really helpful. If I could change one thing, it would be how administration deals with situations. My friend was getting harrassed by an ex boyfriend, and she thought the school would help her. Instead our grade administrator made them sit in a room together and sign paper saying that if one of them talked about it, they would get suspended. I didn't think that was right or fair. However, Newfield High School was a great school to me, I wish my senior year wasn't cut short.
I enjoyed my years at Newfield, I had many excellent teachers over the years. The staff is very caring and always there to help with anything. I have been on varsity cheerleading the last 3 years and it has been amazing. We have competed in Florida at the espn center and got to go world! I also belonged to varsity leadership group, and that has given me a chance to participate in great activities. I have made many great friends along the way. I am proud of the the school I come from and are going to miss my days there.
My experience with Newfield was overall very well. The teachers are for the most part very supportive and teach the material good. They are very caring and respectful. Although the lunches can be on the weird side sometimes (Last weeks hot dog cheese tacos), they always keep you on your feet. The new gymnasium, library and windows help the schools appearance. But most importantly, my education was incredible. As a sophomore, I am already able to take part in a college class as well as an AP. Next year i can take an array of different classes that cater to my interests. We have the option to take free PSAT's in order to prepare for the SAT's. The opportunities are amazing and it was a very nice environment.