Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Newcomb High School is a public school located in Newcomb, NM. It has 241 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Newcomb High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-48 Students
- B-37 Students
- B37 Students
- B36 Students
- A28 Students
- B26 Students
- A-24 Students
- C+21 Students
- A19 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Newcomb High School Reviews
My experience was interesting, not only did I learn a lot I experienced wonderful challenges. Made new friends, played sports, teachers were respectful, and most importantly had the time of my life. Basically, this school was my foundation, the root of my education, they encourage you, and don't get me started on the sports! The coaches put the education first and give thought in the athletes life.
Newcomb High School just isn't a regular high school, it's like a big family since everyone knows each other and everyone treats each other all the same. We all get along in one way or another, and everyone has something to do here. There are those who focus only on academics, those who play sports, those who are in clubs and those who participate in other activities provided at the school. Although the school is fairly small everyone is provided with the resources they need to help them achieve. And even though our school is "in the middle of nowhere", the teachers and staff all seem to enjoy being here which in return makes them eager to teach and change the lives of their students.
My experience with Newcomb High School is an experience you will probably not mostly feel at other schools. When people come here they tell us like we are all connected in a way life one really big family. My experiences were great we have great teacher/staff, good classmates, some good parents who will take you in as their child even though they are not but that is how strong our community is at Newcomb we all stick together and do not go anywhere. There is this saying that once you're a Skyhawk, you're always a Skyahwks.