Newburyport High School is a highly rated, public school located in Newburyport, MA. It has 784 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Newburyport High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A103 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+58 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+41 Students
- B+33 Students
- B32 Students
- A+28 Students
- B27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Newburyport High School
- AHamilton-Wenham Regional High School
- Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, MA
- 130 reviews
- A-Ipswich High School
- Ipswich Public Schools, MA
- 47 reviews
- B+Pentucket Regional Senior High School
- Pentucket Public Schools, MA
- 125 reviews
- A-North Andover High School
- North Andover Public Schools, MA
- 131 reviews
Newburyport High School Reviews
A new administration faculty is needed. Newburyport High School has a lengthy record of not taking care of its students properly. At Newburyport, half of the teachers are great, the other half of them hate their jobs. The biggest plus side is that the school is beautiful on the outside. There is no student parking lot. Newburyport's school lunch is not the best but they do have a sandwich/wrap/salad bar which is a good alternative. Newburyport High School does little to prepare students for standardized testing. The library at Newburyport is nice and so is the gym.
Amazing school, faculty, and extra curricular activities. And the sports are great! But the school is very stressful and puts a lot of emphasis on homework.
In my opinion, Newburyport High was an amazing overall experience. For the most part, every teacher really cares about your success. Some specific shout outs to Mr. Littlefield, Mr. LaChapelle, and Mr. Sheridan.