Newburgh Free Academy - Main Campus is a public, magnet school located in Newburgh, NY. It has 3,175 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Newburgh Free Academy - Main Campus Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+142 Students
- A+124 Students
- B+101 Students
- A-100 Students
- A98 Students
- B+96 Students
- B74 Students
- A67 Students
- A+65 Students
- C+65 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 74 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Newburgh Free Academy - Main Campus
- BHighland High School
- Highland Central School District, NY
- 57 reviews
- BValley Central High School
- Valley Central School District, NY
- 151 reviews
- B+Beacon High School
- Beacon City School District, NY
- 209 reviews
- C+Peekskill High School
- Peekskill City School District, NY
- 120 reviews
Newburgh Free Academy - Main Campus Reviews
While attending Newburgh Free Academy, having a wide variety of fields for my future was definitely a given option. The school provides many features of careers through the multiple "houses" they provide students to have a say in what they want to participate in to prepare them for their near future. Also, through the school certifications can be earned and are good for a lifetime! I had an excellent experience and became college ready in no time, with a focus on their North Campus and studied Criminal Justice.
I loved my experience at Newburgh Free Academy (NFA). The administration and teachers were amazing. They are always there for you no matter what you need. Teachers work with you to help you. They are not there just for a pay check, but to see kids thrive and be successful. The only thing I would change would be the school lunches. They are average but I wish they could taste better. I know they make the food based off of health standards from the state, but that would be the only area that needs improvement and it isn't the most significant aspect of education.
I never realized how distinct my high school career was until I got to college and starting to compare to other people. NFA provided endless opportunities for students to take their interests and use it in the classroom by offering courses such as dance, acting, culinary, auto body, wood shop, cosmetology, and countless others. Although the school was a bit of a mess with the administration always being changed, I think they are finally starting to become more stable and that will show throughout the entire school.