Newberg Senior High School is a public school located in Newberg, OR. It has 1,653 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Newberg Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-241 Students
- A-158 Students
- B+132 Students
- B118 Students
- B103 Students
- C+101 Students
- B-99 Students
- A83 Students
- A+50 Students
- B46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Newberg Senior High School
- BMcMinnville High School
- McMinnville School District, OR
- 255 reviews
- BForest Grove High School
- Forest Grove School District, OR
- 306 reviews
- BGlencoe High School
- Hillsboro School District, OR
- 311 reviews
- BCanby High School
- Canby School District, OR
- 155 reviews
Newberg Senior High School Reviews
I was able to find my niche in the Theater Dept and they welcomed me with open arms. I tried out for a Freshman play on a whim and got a part! I had a blast and we consider ourselves a family. If I'm ever having a bad day, I can go to the Theater area and "chill out" or talk to the teacher and other drama friends. It is a nice escape sometimes. We accept others as they are because each of us is different in some way yet we all have similar issues to deal with, whether it is family, home, work, or school issues. I'm thankful that I found the Performing Arts and that I am part of this wonderful club. I would suggest to someone as a Freshman, find out what you like to do and join the group. It might be awkward at first but just join in. Whether it is sports, robotics, performing arts, yearbook - whatever it is just reach out and join in - it will make your school experience a lot more fun and it will help you out.
This high school rates average overall. Some great experiences with staff and coaches. Limited diverse student population. Would like to see smaller class sizes, more diverse elective class options. Would like to see post high school education encouragement emphasizing the benefits of post high school options including increased job satisfaction, decreased unemployment rates, increased total earnings. This could be a 2 year or 4 year degree, certificate or apprenticeship program.In addition to having colleges come to campus to talk about degree and non degree options, Newberg High School could join with the community and offer internships, work experience, job shadowing or maybe just an assignment where students have to ask questions of a professional in a field the student might be interested in.
Through my years at Newberg Senior High School I have been through much change. From new schedules, new rules, new teachers, and even new curiculum that started being taught. As a student, the staff has done their best to accommodate for students in ways such as: assemblies that boost student moral, fun spirit weeks, class against class competitions, and listening to what students really have to say. I wish that the school would work a little more with having students and teachers work together more whether it be during assemblies, or even on community service projects around the school.