Newberg Senior High School is a public school located in Newberg, OR. It has 1,593 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Newberg Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-214 Students
- A-134 Students
- B+119 Students
- B106 Students
- B-86 Students
- B-83 Students
- B-81 Students
- A74 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Newberg Senior High School
- BMcMinnville High School
- McMinnville School District, OR
- 247 reviews
- B-Forest Grove High School
- Forest Grove School District, OR
- 298 reviews
- BGlencoe High School
- Hillsboro School District, OR
- 300 reviews
- BCanby High School
- Canby School District, OR
- 151 reviews
Newberg Senior High School Reviews
This high school rates average overall. Some great experiences with staff and coaches. Limited diverse student population. Would like to see smaller class sizes, more diverse elective class options. Would like to see post high school education encouragement emphasizing the benefits of post high school options including increased job satisfaction, decreased unemployment rates, increased total earnings. This could be a 2 year or 4 year degree, certificate or apprenticeship program.In addition to having colleges come to campus to talk about degree and non degree options, Newberg High School could join with the community and offer internships, work experience, job shadowing or maybe just an assignment where students have to ask questions of a professional in a field the student might be interested in.
I learned a lot in my days at Newberg Senior High School and enjoyed a lot of my time there. One thing I wish we had when I was there though would have been more understanding and more resources for students who needed help with counseling or therapy if they needed it, or guidance when it came to looking for colleges and resources for finding scholarships and such in order to make applying for schools easier and finding ways to fund higher education easier. I loved the music programs and the performing arts and theatre programs there. In those places and the fine arts classes is where I found more of my closest friends throughout the time I was there and some of the people that I still call friends to this day.
Enjoyed some parts of this school but over all it could have been better. Certain teachers are good but most of them are not good at their job and are bad at teaching, specifically the math department. The English teachers are really nice but the course work is not very good and at times it feels like you are learning nothing. The elective options are not very good due to low funding a lot of the good electives such as psychology and sociology are not offered anymore. School spirit is lacking as well very few people show up for sports other than football and do not participate in spirit weeks.