Newaygo High School is a public school located in Newaygo, MI. It has 480 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Newaygo High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B92 Students
- B+68 Students
- B63 Students
- A55 Students
- C+54 Students
- B-40 Students
- B+37 Students
- C+34 Students
- A+26 Students
- B-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Newaygo High School Reviews
Newaygo High School gives opportunities to their students that other schools don't. The teachers push to motivate you and help you reach your potential. They provide time for the students to receive help, whether it's personal issues and or college stresses ect. As a new student, I feel welcome and I believe that's most important about attending school. I know that if I take my education seriously, the teachers and staff will too. The academics are phenomenal. It's also very diverse. Everyone has a place at Newaygo High School.
Overall, Newaygo was a great school. While they could use some work on bullying prevention and how students with mental health issues are treated, I believe Newaygo prepared me for college. I had many resources, including a college advisor and college ambassadors, that I was able to access. The teachers are really knowledgeable about their subjects, and most are willing to help students outside of class with both academic and personal issues.
My experience at Newaygo High School has been amazing. We have great students here and they are all very friendly. Our school is a small school, but we all get along and come together when someone is in need. That's one thing I love about our school is we will all come together if a family is in need or trouble. I would change one thing and that's to get more teachers to extend our classes to a different variety.