Newark High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A217 Students
- B-53 Students
- C+39 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+31 Students
- A+31 Students
- C25 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Newark High School Reviews
Review Newark High School
I started my first year of high school as a freshman at Newark High and I will be ending my years as a senior at Newark High. I thought that transitioning from an 8th grade to a freshman in high school was going to be very difficult because Newark is a fairly big school, however, the administration and upperclassmen helped me a lot along the way which made high school less stressful. Newark is filled with diversity and clubs and there is always someone there to help you when you feel as if all hope is lost. There are many teachers that will sit down and work with you if you have a problem understanding a subject or even if you just need someone to talk to. There is so much school spirit all throughout the high school and I'm proud to have been apart of this yellow jacket hive.
Newark was very helpful when it came to picking classes suited for you. They had many electives options and counselors would always meet with you so you could discuss which classes would best prepare you for the college classes you would take. There were many sports teams, all of which are pretty competitive. They even had a golf team. The band was competitive and fun and we traveled to competitions. Most teachers were willing to go the extra mile to help you succeed.
Teaching performances vary depending upon the teacher. Newark High has music, art and animal science teachers who go above and beyond for their students. Their grading is consistent and fair, making no exceptions even for good students. These teachers set high standards for their students and take questions and ideas from them very seriously. Other teachers do not take their jobs seriously and slack off by giving hand-out grades. We have one teacher who instructs a travel class but does not teach them anything about travel. Instead this teacher insults the students and lets them mess around on computers during class time. The person lies to administration for the students and promotes reckless behavior.