Newark High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A255 Students
- B-69 Students
- A-40 Students
- C40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+36 Students
- C+26 Students
- C26 Students
- B-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Newark High School Reviews
Review Newark High School
Newark High has a diverse group of personalities throughout the school. The school has a good curriculum that pushes students to do their academic best. We have a lot of creative and artistic individuals in our school. As such, we continue to push towards more funding for the arts. Our school also holds many many musical and cultural events throughout the year. The sports section of our school is known to have very entertaining games. Especially from our football, basketball, and soccer teams. There are many clubs to join here. The best club being the dance club (shameless plug). Lastly the teachers and counselors focus on preparing us students for college and keeping us on the right track. Overall the school is pretty great.
Newark High is like the typical public school. It's nothing extraordinary nor terrible. There have been a few negative incidents, however, I personally wouldn't say that Newark is a bad or dangerous school because of it. There seems to be a good amount of diversity within the school among both teachers and students. The academics have seemed fine to me. However, keep in mind I took the more advanced classes. I'm not sure how the "regular classes" operated. There were only a handful of teachers that i really liked, but I guess that depends on the type of people you like. I was on the track and field team and the basketball team and i enjoyed myself and my teammates. Band was an awesome experience for me. I also enjoyed the aerospace and astronomy club, BASSU, and the nature society club. Overall, I would say my high school experience was alright. I have many fond memories to look back on and i feel as though I am sufficiently prepared for the next level of schooling.
Newark High was a truly wonderful place for my high school experience. The teachers that I had the opportunity to learn from were always willing to prepare me for college or to help further my education in any way, and I succeeded at Newark High. A plethora of AP and Honors classes were offered for a challenging education. It was easy to get involved with extracurriculars, and the students made the environment friendly and fun. The aura of school spirit was always present, and the student body was diverse and passionate about the school.