Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Newark Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+51 Students
- A+43 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+31 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Newark Academy
Newark Academy Reviews
My experience at NA as a whole was positive—I rarely had a teacher I didn't like and even if I did I only had one or two "bad" teachers in my six years there. The teachers truly care about their students, both in terms of their education and in general as people. NA works hard to guide its students in developing their own set of values (the school does lean left politically but welcomes discourse from all sides provided it is well-formulated). My main complaint would be that, because it is a relatively small school, there is a smaller variety of classes to choose from. Overall though, my experience at NA has helped me to make connections with students, teachers, and administrators that I will maintain for the rest of my life and has given me invaluable experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom, that have shaped me as a person.
As a first semester freshman in college, I am so grateful for my experience at Newark Academy. When interacting with the world around me, I feel confident, intelligent, and open-minded. NA helped me to view the world through a compassionate, mature lens, something that many students do not achieve in high school. I was pushed to be the best I can be while also appreciating the simple daily joys in life. The teachers and the community are unconditionally supportive. I owe so much to the NA community and I plan to continue to stay involved throughout my lifetime.
NA is an incredible school. The arts program is given a lot of love. Sports aren't as great as other schools but you can still find something you enjoy. The students, generally, are incredibly smart. Math courses can get very advanced and the humanities program is quite rigorous. There are a lot of clubs to take part in after school and the administration leads pretty passionate community service councils and equity teams.