Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
New York Mills Junior/Senior High School is an above average, public school located in New York Mills, NY. It has 252 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
New York Mills Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-22 Students
- C+15 Students
- B14 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+12 Students
- B11 Students
- B10 Students
- B10 Students
- A+9 Students
- A-9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review New York Mills Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like New York Mills Junior/Senior High School
- BSauquoit Valley High School
- Sauquoit Valley Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- B-Waterville Junior/Senior High School
- Waterville Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
- B+Whitesboro High School
- Whitesboro Central School District, NY
- 137 reviews
- BHolland Patent Central High School
- Holland Patent Central School District, NY
- 58 reviews
New York Mills Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Overall, my high school experience was absolutely amazing. I felt right where I belonged with the crowd I was in! Being around the same student for twelve years, everyone knew each other and we always made sure we were all doing well. I was a huge part of my community in giving back, as we help to make sure we all feel safe, welcomed, and bounce ideas off of each other in order to make our experience at New York Mills very pleasant . I take my academics seriously, and participated in student body government in order to help young ones voice their opinions in order to really help boost my school's climate.
New York Mills is a very safe and comfortable place to go to school. The teachers and staff there are very kind and care a lot about the students. I have been going there since I was in kindergarten and I would not have wanted it any other way. There are many opportunities for students to express themselves at this school, as well as many ways for students to be rewarded for their sucesses.
My experience at New York Mills has been rewarding as I have been able to maintain my grades while participating in multiple extracurricular activities. The school teachers provide after hours assistance to students as necessary. In our small school, teachers know each student by name which allows for a positive environment where each student does not feel like a number. This enables our faculty and students to share a more personable experience and positive education.