grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade C
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
New Washington Middle/High School is a public school located in New Washington, IN. It has 343 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
New Washington Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B49 Students
- grade A35 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade C+27 Students
- grade A minus27 Students
- grade B26 Students
- grade B+25 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade B19 Students
- grade B17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responses
- Snake dance/parade-kick off basketball season40%
- Pep rallies10%
- Spirit Week10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,760 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like New Washington Middle/High School
- grade BCharlestown Senior High School
- Greater Clark County Schools, IN
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 125 reviews
- grade C+Madison Consolidated High School
- Madison Consolidated Schools, IN
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 173 reviews
- grade C+Scottsburg Senior High School
- Scott County School District No. 2, IN
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 147 reviews
- grade C+Henryville Junior/Senior High School
- West Clark Community Schools, IN
- Rating 3.14 out of 5 122 reviews
New Washington Middle/High School Reviews
Rating 3.17 out of 5 69 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Being a school in a rural community, New Washington Middle/High School doesn't have much to offer. Having been to multiple schools in the district, New Wash is still playing catch up with the other two high schools. The best thing I like about this school is it's smaller size. With the smaller size of the school comes tighter relationships with staff and administration. All the teachers know all of the students and vise versa and it makes a really tight knitted community. Also, the seniors get nice privileges such as getting lunch first and designated spots to eat. Although the other schools are more advanced in terms of academic opportunity, New Wash humbles the student and allows you to enjoy the more simple things in life. Plus, there's totally less drama and bullcrap going on around here.
Thankfully, I was able to switch schools after I got out of middle schools. They have little to no options when it comes to higher levels of education, very limited electives, and were terribly understaffed. There were times when I had English teachers teaching my History class, and I'm not kidding when I say they were absolute rubbish at it. The teachers only care about you if you're doing well in their class, and almost never reach out to help if you're failing.
I have been going to the New Washington schools my entire life. The middle/high school itself is a combination of middle schools and high schools in one building. We are smaller than the other schools in our district. The biggest class this year has about 64 students (2018-2019) We are a small community, the elementary is right beside us across the road. Everyone knows everyone around here so we are truely like a family. Everyone around here is nice, caring and really good people. One thing I would like to see change is the after school activities. I would like to see more sports and activities to get involved in. A few years ago, we added a gulf team and archery. Last year we added a swim team for middle school students and a robotics club for anyone in grades 6-12. This is my last year at New Washington ever, and I'm so happy and proud that I will always be a Mustang.