New Trier Township High School is a top rated, public school located in Winnetka, IL. It has 4,057 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
New Trier Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+501 Students
- A+465 Students
- A290 Students
- A+288 Students
- A+278 Students
- A+231 Students
- A-229 Students
- A+216 Students
- A+185 Students
- A+179 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 143 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.71 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.71 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
Schools like New Trier Township High School
- A+Glenbrook North High School
- Glenbrook High Schools District 225, IL
- 387 reviews
- A+John Hersey High School
- Township High School District No. 214, IL
- 278 reviews
- A+Adlai E. Stevenson High School
- Public School
- Lincolnshire, IL
- 1,044 reviews
- A+Lake Forest High School
- Public School
- Lake Forest, IL
- 139 reviews
New Trier Township High School Reviews
Being a New Trier student has its ups and downs, the advantages are the new builidngs in the campus that were constructed. Having a new environment makes students more willing to learn and engage in their education. New Trier is in a very wealthy area and that is shown in the students, its environment is very safe and the teachers are phenomenal. They are always willing to help a student in the times of need. Our high school offers lots of extracurriculars, as well as sports. Most students have a personality but some do not. On the other hand, the cafeteria food is VERY overpriced and not delicious. New Trier is highly competitive at sports and that is shown at our home games, and I am honored to be a Trevian. (GO GREEN! GO BLUE! WE DONT MESS AROUND HEY!)
A fantastic education, I’ve learned so much. Teachers are helpful, informative, entertaining, and very well paid (6 figures+). The kids can be great for the most part, but there are a few very loud conservatives and racism, homophobia, and sexism run rampant. We’ve had several instances of the n word written on locker room stalls. It’s just awful in that sense. Plus, they cancelled the seminar day, which I’m gonna be bitter about for the rest of time. However, it was more the community’s fault (racist white folks) than the district itself, hence why I still give it 4 Stars overall. It prepares students amazingly well for further education and provides unbelievable opportunities like the oxford trip, a variety of AP’s, the advisor system, field trips, and more. It truly is a wonderful school. My main complaint would be of those rotten and loud few and far too much parent involvement and influence.
I am involved in the IGSS program, which is a newer program. Basically it is a school within a school. It encompasses English, Environmental Science, and History. The method of teaching is very organic. You are taught to think for yourself - there is no wrong answer! The teachers encourage creativity, thinking outside the box, and collaborative learning.