New Trier Township High School is an elite, public school located in Winnetka, IL. It has 4,057 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
New Trier Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+466 Students
- A+413 Students
- A+273 Students
- A268 Students
- A+237 Students
- A+231 Students
- A+204 Students
- A-196 Students
- A+171 Students
- A+170 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 138 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.47 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.69 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.69 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
Schools like New Trier Township High School
- A+Glenbrook North High School
- Glenbrook High Schools District 225, IL
- 363 reviews
- A+John Hersey High School
- Township High School District No. 214, IL
- 256 reviews
- A+Adlai E. Stevenson High School
- Public School
- Lincolnshire, IL
- 989 reviews
- A+Lake Forest High School
- Public School
- Lake Forest, IL
- 132 reviews
New Trier Township High School Reviews
Being a New Trier student has its ups and downs, the advantages are the new builidngs in the campus that were constructed. Having a new environment makes students more willing to learn and engage in their education. New Trier is in a very wealthy area and that is shown in the students, its environment is very safe and the teachers are phenomenal. They are always willing to help a student in the times of need. Our high school offers lots of extracurriculars, as well as sports. Most students have a personality but some do not. On the other hand, the cafeteria food is VERY overpriced and not delicious. New Trier is highly competitive at sports and that is shown at our home games, and I am honored to be a Trevian. (GO GREEN! GO BLUE! WE DONT MESS AROUND HEY!)
I am involved in the IGSS program, which is a newer program. Basically it is a school within a school. It encompasses English, Environmental Science, and History. The method of teaching is very organic. You are taught to think for yourself - there is no wrong answer! The teachers encourage creativity, thinking outside the box, and collaborative learning.
New Trier High School is located in the North Shore of Chicago. This location is known for its very wealthy parents, and people. Having a good reputation is essential, and that is shown in this school. Just last summer, NT went through a major renovation at its Winnetka campus. The building has lots of light, and better, open classes. With a better, clean, good looking campus, it makes students more willing to learn and be engaged in their classes. There are lots of extracurriculars for everyone of all interests. I feel very safe at school, and there are at least 4 security guards on every 5 floors of the school. The teachers are very open to their time with students and love to teach. There is not much diversity at New Trier, but the students can have multiple personalities, some being kind, and others being snobby. The food is overpriced and not good. With all this being said, I am still very proud to be a Trevian, and couldn't imagine myself graduating at a different high school.