New Rochelle High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Rochelle, NY. It has 3,284 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 88% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
New Rochelle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+218 Students
- A-189 Students
- A-187 Students
- A157 Students
- A+144 Students
- B138 Students
- B+134 Students
- B132 Students
- B-128 Students
- A-119 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.73 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.83 responses
Schools like New Rochelle High School
- AFrancis Lewis High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 26, NY
- 774 reviews
- AOssining High School
- Ossining Union Free School District, NY
- 205 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 196 reviews
- ANyack Senior High School
- Nyack Union Free School District, NY
- 149 reviews
New Rochelle High School Reviews
Going to high school can be a very scary and stressful moment for a lot of people. Attending New Rochelle High School is the opposite. It definitely feels like a second home. The right group of friends can help anyone attending there stay on the right path to success. A majority of the teachers there genuinely enjoy their job and would love to see every student grow to their full potential. This school is academically advanced. Offering many AP, honors, and college courses to anyone willing to do the work. Although the school has multiple computer labs and an enormous library filled with many books, these locations are more often than not available to the students, making it harder for those who lack the access to a computer or books outside of school. The school is amazing as is, but if something could be change would be, making the library and the numerous computer lab always accessible to students.
New Rochelle High School is a great school with so many great aspects. With a huge diversity in teachers, it’s hard to not find a teacher you can’t get close to. And with so many class options from food science to their newest neurology class. Help and support in the staff is amazing with resource available to you and tutoring after hours for students who struggle, it’s great!
New Rochelle is a very diverse and fulfilling school with nearly 3,500 students. All students have access to great teachers, high level classes, and amazing athletics. New Rochelle High school does an excellent job preparing students for college. Finally, New Rochelle High School has a great community of students and teachers that all come together in tough times to come up with solutions to make the school even better!