Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
New Rochelle High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Rochelle, NY. It has 3,331 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
New Rochelle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+307 Students
- A-265 Students
- A-254 Students
- A203 Students
- B192 Students
- A+184 Students
- B184 Students
- A183 Students
- B+178 Students
- A+167 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.56 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.81 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.91 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.91 responses
Schools like New Rochelle High School
- AFrancis Lewis High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 26, NY
- 899 reviews
- A-Ossining High School
- Ossining Union Free School District, NY
- 233 reviews
- ASleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 208 reviews
- A+Nyack Senior High School
- Nyack Union Free School District, NY
- 161 reviews
New Rochelle High School Reviews
My experience at my time in NRHS was the best! I grew as a person and it was unique. Truthfully this experience made me who I am by challenging me academically, socially, and culturally. This school is very diverse and being a person of color made me feel welcomed. The teachers are very passionate about their students and their work. This school has a lot of resources. I was part of PAVE, the swim team during my freshman year, the Math honor society, the Spanish Honor Society, and the National Honor Society. My time at NRHS was unforgettable.
When people think of high school, they usually remember it as the worst years of their life, and although I did undergo some tough times, the memories and experiences are irreplaceable. The teachers, staff, students and the overall environment was always very welcoming. The diversity here is crazy because you don't see that everywhere. Our community basically grew up together, and for that reason, there were few issues regarding school incidents. The classes provided and resources available were beyond beneficial, but if I were able to change one thing, it would be the food. For such a big school you'd expect everything to be high-quality; however, that clearly wasn't the case. I'd bring my own lunch most of the time, and when I would eat there, it was mediocre. I graduated in June, meaning that the last quarter of my senior year was taken from me due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Nevertheless, I loved going here, even though I didn't think that at the time, I constantly reminisce.
New Rochelle High School is incredibly diverse in every way, from its student body to its academic offerings. It has something for everyone. With almost 4,000 students, everyone finds a place. The last few years have been tough for the school community with changes in district leadership and several students who have lost their lives. New Ro thrives on the incredible pride and active engagement of students, parents and teachers, which have ensured that students learn and grow in a safe environment. The teachers particularly are stellar- from those who are committed to students with special needs to those teaching the numerous AP classes offered. They all focus on achievement and helping students to grow and thrive