New Rochelle High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Rochelle, NY. It has 3,323 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
New Rochelle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+183 Students
- A-160 Students
- A-153 Students
- A128 Students
- B+123 Students
- A+120 Students
- B109 Students
- B108 Students
- B104 Students
- C+104 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.55 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.68 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.78 responses
Schools like New Rochelle High School
- AFrancis Lewis High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 26, NY
- 691 reviews
- AOssining High School
- Ossining Union Free School District, NY
- 190 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 187 reviews
- A+Nyack Senior High School
- Nyack Union Free School District, NY
- 140 reviews
New Rochelle High School Reviews
New Rochelle is a very diverse and fulfilling school with nearly 3,500 students. All students have access to great teachers, high level classes, and amazing athletics. New Rochelle High school does an excellent job preparing students for college. Finally, New Rochelle High School has a great community of students and teachers that all come together in tough times to come up with solutions to make the school even better!
New Rochelle High School was a very large and diverse institution. There is a wide array of courses you can possibly take, especially Advanced Placement (AP) courses. The faculty and staff are extremely friendly and for a select few, you can tell that they really enjoy what they do!
The best thing about NRHS is that there are people who are open minded. The amazing diversity that our school is known for truly is spectacular because there are people who you get to knwow that change your perspective of life.I've become a more patient and relaxed person because of I've befriended people whc ome from all over the world. The teachers are very dedicated to their jobs and I know I am truly learning. GO NRHS!