New Rochelle High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Rochelle, NY. It has 3,323 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 94% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
New Rochelle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+191 Students
- A169 Students
- A-160 Students
- A131 Students
- A+123 Students
- B+123 Students
- B111 Students
- B109 Students
- B105 Students
- A-105 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.68 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.78 responses
Schools like New Rochelle High School
- AFrancis Lewis High School
- New York City Geographic District No. 26, NY
- 706 reviews
- AOssining High School
- Ossining Union Free School District, NY
- 193 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 189 reviews
- A+Nyack Senior High School
- Nyack Union Free School District, NY
- 142 reviews
New Rochelle High School Reviews
New Rochelle High School is a great school with so many great aspects. With a huge diversity in teachers, it’s hard to not find a teacher you can’t get close to. And with so many class options from food science to their newest neurology class. Help and support in the staff is amazing with resource available to you and tutoring after hours for students who struggle, it’s great!
New Rochelle is a very diverse and fulfilling school with nearly 3,500 students. All students have access to great teachers, high level classes, and amazing athletics. New Rochelle High school does an excellent job preparing students for college. Finally, New Rochelle High School has a great community of students and teachers that all come together in tough times to come up with solutions to make the school even better!
New Rochelle High School was an interesting experience to say the least. There are many great experiences to be had, and the population is very diverse. I learned Spanish pretty quickly just by making friends, I never once sat in a Spanish class. Many AP classes are also very worthwhile and yield excellent academic results. However, there were many inconsistencies between the level of competency in teachers and staff. Some are strong, helpful teachers, others seem like they should be highschool students themselves. Furthermore, the funds are mostly looked into the Football and Cheerleading teams, meanwhile only 1/2 the toilets work and some stalls have no locks. No shade, but there is a lot of room for improvement.