Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
New Richmond High School is an above average, public school located in New Richmond, WI. It has 918 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
New Richmond High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+139 Students
- grade A132 Students
- grade B95 Students
- grade B74 Students
- grade B+64 Students
- grade A56 Students
- grade A minus56 Students
- grade B55 Students
- grade B43 Students
- grade B33 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responses
- Mattress Racing13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,371 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like New Richmond High School
- grade A minusSaint Croix Central High School
- Saint Croix Central School District, WI
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 45 reviews
- grade B+Baldwin-Woodville High School
- Baldwin-Woodville Area School District, WI
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 78 reviews
- grade B+Somerset High School
- Somerset School District, WI
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 75 reviews
- grade B+Amery High School
- Amery School District, WI
- Rating 3.89 out of 5 54 reviews
New Richmond High School Reviews
Rating 3.67 out of 5 101 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I like how the teachers are always there to help you with anything you might need. Even if they don't know an answer to a question you have they will find it out for you! Also, New Richmond High School prepares all the seniors for any path they might want to take after graduation. The only thing I would change about this high school is to offer more science classes!
New Richmond High School likes to try to appear as if they are preparing their students for the future by constant college readiness activities; however, it is pointless because New Richmond High School lacks the extensive focus on education. The curriculum revolves around teaching for the test, rather than general education. Some staff are able to motivate the students, but most times, the students are held back from doing what they want to(in means of learning). The students , sometimes, are treated like young children. Even so, it is not all bad. There are many opportunities to flourish, but it takes more effort and drive to accomplish such tasks.
The facility is great, the new addition of the sports stadium is one of the coolest things to happen to this town for a long time. The biggest issue I can think of is the lack of diversity our school has, but our town isn't very diverse in general.