New Prairie High School is a public school located in New Carlisle, IN. It has 993 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
New Prairie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A192 Students
- A+188 Students
- C+150 Students
- B+144 Students
- B+97 Students
- B-75 Students
- B-73 Students
- A-68 Students
- B51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 76 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Schools like New Prairie High School
- BLaporte High School
- Laporte Community School Corporation, IN
- PK, 9-12
- 288 reviews
- ANew Buffalo Senior High School
- New Buffalo Area Schools, MI
- 76 reviews
- C+River Valley Middle/High School
- River Valley School District, MI
- 52 reviews
- B-Buchanan High School
- Buchanan Community Schools, MI
- 57 reviews
New Prairie High School Reviews
At NPHS there are a lot of different extracurriculars to join and they have multiple programs that work well with your schedule for outside events. After the remodel, the school looks and feels 100x better which I believe helps the students want to engage more in their work and on projects. The school also has introduced a variety of new foods and healthy choices for lunch and breakfast. When they decided on giving out free breakfasts, I think it was great that students were more encouraged to eat in the morning to help them throughout the school day. But, New Prairie is not perfect. We don’t have pep rallies like most schools and we also have some discouraging policies/rules.
The thing I like most about New Prairie High School is the sense of belonging I have experienced throughout my time there. I went to a private school up until my freshman year of high school when I transferred to New Prairie High School, my first day there I knew no one and that very same day I was taken into a group and met my best friend, who to this day, is still my closest and best friend. The administration has always been accommodating and has always tried their hardest to help me when I don’t understand and to help me make up work from absent days. NPHS gave me a sense of community, everyone has always been friendly and through my high school, I have met my closest friends and have found teachers that truly care about me. I have teachers who I can email at any time of the day and they will help me with whatever problem I am currently having, whether it is academic, with another student, or even with another teacher.
New Prairie High School offers a wide variety of courses that both challenge students and caters to their interests. The teachers are definitely dedicated to their students' growth and development and show true enthusiasm and passion for their subjects. The number of clubs and activities is astounding and it is hard to find a student who is not involved in something, so there is a group for everyone. The athletic teams, band, choir, and robotic teams are high-level, inclusive, and passionate and have done very well in recent years, maintaining high ranking against other schools. The facilities are well-kept and neat and often have nights where the public can use them. While current construction has made navigating the building difficult, there is great progress and the school will be better than ever after renovations which the administration is very dedicated towards.