New Philadelphia High School is an above average, public school located in New Philadelphia, OH. It has 783 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
New Philadelphia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+115 Students
- B90 Students
- A-79 Students
- B-51 Students
- C+49 Students
- A-38 Students
- A35 Students
- B31 Students
- B-23 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like New Philadelphia High School
- B-Sandy Valley High School
- Sandy Valley Local School District, OH
- 80 reviews
- B+Tuscarawas Valley High School
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District, OH
- 62 reviews
- B-Garaway High School
- Garaway Local School District, OH
- 39 reviews
- B-Claymont High School
- Claymont City School District, OH
- 86 reviews
New Philadelphia High School Reviews
New Philadelphia High School provides multiple opportunities for every student. The teachers are very friendly and always willing to help at any time. Even though our school isn't the most modern school in terms of technology and other advancements, children from grades K-12 get a quality education. The Administration cares for each of the students and makes sure to put students first in all decisions. I would not want to be anywhere else!
New Philadelphia HS provides a variety of opportunities for those interested in nearly any subject. The athletic department is fantastic and the teaching staff is phenomenal. The school creates a friendly environment that encourages students to learn and succeed in reaching their goals. There's no other school I'd rather attend!
At New Philadelphia High School, I really like the amount of clubs, activities, and opportunities our high school provides for the students that attend. I feel like the teachers really show all around knowledge about what they are teaching us and are always there to help. They are always willing to answer any questions you may have on course work. If they see you struggling with anything they will go out of their way to make sure you understand what is being taught. New Philadelphia High School also provides a wide range of sports students can participate in. Whether you are a student athlete or not, there is always people supporting at sporting events and encouraging the student athletes throughout the sporting match or game. The only thing I would critic about our high school would be the facilities are on the older side, our rooms are hot during the fall and spring, and cold during the winter time.