Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
New Paltz Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Paltz, NY. It has 761 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
New Paltz Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-88 Students
- A+80 Students
- B+66 Students
- A+63 Students
- A-55 Students
- B+55 Students
- A+53 Students
- B+53 Students
- A46 Students
- A-46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like New Paltz Senior High School
- ASpackenkill High School
- Spackenkill Union Free School District, NY
- 146 reviews
- A-Rhinebeck Senior High School
- Rhinebeck Central School District, NY
- 73 reviews
- AArlington High School
- Arlington Central School District, NY
- 615 reviews
- B+Pine Bush Senior High School
- Pine Bush Central School District, NY
- 217 reviews
New Paltz Senior High School Reviews
I have been in this school district for my whole k-12. All of the teachers I have had are very nice expect for some, of course. There is always a support system and many community activities to get involved in. The most this school lacks is coordination in the guidance department especially when students have to apply and search for college. Also, setting up schedules, and good food. The most I hear in the halls is the food sucks and guidance is not helping. The front desk and entry of the school building is not friendly and welcoming. The people at the window seem so annoyed and they don't seem like they care. If it wasn't for my friends and the good teachers, I wouldn't want to go to school. The school sprit is amazing. The yearly "pep-rallies" are always so fun and something I have always looked forward to each year. All the student and teacher and facility member get involved and have fun for a day. Additionally, the girls bathrooms are usually disgusting everyday.
My experience with New Paltz High School has be positive overall. The teachers are truly incredible and what make this school so excellent. My main complaint would have to be the administration and guidance department. In my experience, and the general feeling of the students at the high school, the administration has been very poor at effectively communicating with and listening to the students. Guidance is overworked, and frankly does not offer the proper resources for students.
Academics were great, many classes were easy but there were many areas where you could challenge yourself (AP courses, college courses, etc.). Music and sports were taken very seriously. There were several opportunities to be in various clubs as well. A lot of bullying and harassing was going on and nothing was done about it. Many students suffered from mental illnesses and nothing was done about that either.