New Paltz Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in New Paltz, NY. It has 770 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
New Paltz Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-71 Students
- A+66 Students
- B49 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+47 Students
- B+45 Students
- A-43 Students
- B+39 Students
- A38 Students
- A-36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like New Paltz Senior High School
- A+Spackenkill High School
- Spackenkill Union Free School District, NY
- 137 reviews
- ARhinebeck Senior High School
- Rhinebeck Central School District, NY
- 68 reviews
- AArlington High School
- Arlington Central School District, NY
- 584 reviews
- B+Pine Bush Senior High School
- Pine Bush Central School District, NY
- 204 reviews
New Paltz Senior High School Reviews
My experience with New Paltz High School has be positive overall. The teachers are truly incredible and what make this school so excellent. My main complaint would have to be the administration and guidance department. In my experience, and the general feeling of the students at the high school, the administration has been very poor at effectively communicating with and listening to the students. Guidance is overworked, and frankly does not offer the proper resources for students.
I thought that New Paltz High School offers plenty of opportunities for all students. There's lots of ways to participate in extra-curricular activities, I just wish I had more time in the day. The academics are pretty rigorous depending on the course load selected. At times I've struggled with balancing work and extra-curricular activities, however, this was because i selected more difficult courses. Over all the school is very good.
The teachers of New Paltz High School are passionate about connecting with their students and inspire intellectual curiosity, particularly those of the history and english departments. However, I do feel as though our administration and counselors hold us to numerical standards of achievement, which are not necessarily accurate measures of college readiness. Additionally, many of my peers have observed that our guidance department has limited contribution in the college application process, especially considering the increased competitiveness over the past five years.